Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Chapel > Prayers needed

Old 30th September 2004, 08:31 AM   #1
Springheeled Jack

Unhappy Please pray for a marriage in trouble.

We've only been married for a year, and we have hit a sticky patch.

Its regarding children. My wife doesnt want my baby, yet she has two by a man that treats them as trophies. I so wished for that bond between parent and child. the biological father turned up and I felt like I was being pushed to the side.

Pray for me that the jealousy I have for this man will not get out of hand, and that my wife will under stand why...

Pray for us that the love that we once had for each other still holds strong and that we can get through this.

Ive already had one disasterous marriage go wrong, I dont want another one.

I dont scare very easily. however, now I am really scared that our marriage is in trouble.

Please Please Please pray for us.
Old 1st October 2004, 06:55 PM   #2
MAMA BEAR

Re: Please pray for a marriage in trouble.

Count on me ... I will be praying for you both !!
Old 4th October 2004, 08:11 AM   #3
Springheeled Jack

Unhappy Thanks Mama Bear

We need all the prayers right now.

I met the bio-father to my step children on Saturday. He's a horrible man, who is so racist towards white people, and mixed raced people. Im a mixed race man.

I really hope God can help me with being jealous, not towards the bio-father, but because my wife has two kids with this guy, and wants to have none with me. I trust my wife implicitely, but there will always be a tinge of "jealousy" or "envy". I so wanted children, and now the appearance of this "bio" is rubbing the fact that he and my wife have two children, and me and my wife have none.

Thanks for praying for me mamma bear. I so need God to tell me what to do next, and show me why he isnt allowing me to have children with my wife.....
Old 4th October 2004, 12:55 PM   #4
MAMA BEAR

Red face I am still praying for you & your family !!

Your very welcome sir !! I am sure that your going through a rough time right now but the LORD will hear our prayers & so I would be praying about it and so I will continue to pray for you & so do keep me posted from time time. I would go to someone of authority such as your preacher or minister or someone who can give you some good advice ok ... that's just my imput !! But once again I will be praying for you & your family !!

MAMA BEAR
Old 4th October 2004, 03:58 PM   #5
Springheeled Jack

Red face Thanks and bless you

Thanks Mamabear,

I will indeed keep you posted.

Springheeled Jack
Old 13th October 2004, 09:43 AM   #6
Springheeled Jack

Red face hi MAMABEAR.

I thought I would let you now that myself and my wife talked. We talked about jealousy, and resentment.

Because I had my stepchildren to myself for 2 years after their father abandoned them, they call me "Dad", and I grew to love them as my own children. I brought them up and provided for them as a father should.

Now their biological father has shown up, I felt that I was being pushed aside. When he came to my mother in laws house with his father, I fwlt that the "mantle" of "Dad" was taken off me and it bought home the fact that they arent my children that they are his.

Yes, God forgive me I grew jealous. Why him, and not me. Why does my wife have two children with him. and she wants none by her husband, me. I prayed and I asked God why, to receive no answer. I did argue with my wife, thankfully I saw the error of my ways and we kissed and made up.

The fact still remains that although I have to step children, I so want my own baby. Is that so despicably wrong Mamabear?

After a period of two years I went back to church!! All that time ago I was an Altar Server and a Eucharistic Minister, and when things happened to me, I "fell out with God", silly but it was true, I felt that he wasnt talking to me, so why should I talk to him.

I still talked to him if only to ask Why. I felt a bit like that character from BRUCE ALMIGHTY the film with Jim Carrey. He complained to God for everything.

when I did go to Church I did feel better. After all I argued with God, isnt it right that I should hold my hand out to shake his?

Thank you Mamabear for your prayers, Im still hanging in there...
Old 22nd October 2004, 08:00 AM   #7
Jack

Unhappy Re: Please pray for a marriage in trouble.

you are welcome to email me MAMABEAR. Prayers are so in need now as things are getting worst. I can then keep you up to date on what is going on..

adrianallisonbaillie@yahoo.co.uk

Spring heeled Jack
Old 29th October 2004, 02:35 PM   #8
A Friend

I am happy to read that you are rediscovering your relationship with God, because He is the only one that can straighten out the situation and make all things beautiful for you. Now that you have talked it out with God and has asked the why?. I advice that you take a further step of asking him to come into your life and take control. When he does, he will help you deal with the jealousy which otherwise may still come up at an unguarded moment. He will also help you get the right support from your wife and who knows you will yet get your desire of your own bio child.
Meanwhile I pray that God will sustain your marriage and cause you both to enjoy the relationship.

DONT GIVE UP
Old 2nd November 2004, 08:54 AM   #9
SHJack

Unhappy Re: Please pray for a marriage in trouble.

I certainly hope so.

I restarted as an altar server at my local church. Although it was a few years since I was last a Server, I never forgot my training. I so enjoyed it.

I so hope that God can help me. Yes I fell out with him and I was so annoyed with him. In truth in all that time I was in the wilderness, I didnt really lose touch albeit that each time I spoke to him I was complaining.

As for my desire to have a bio child. MY wife doesnt want to have my child. She says that my step son is a handful. As she had a difficult birth with both of the children, she doesnt want any more. There are two children in the house, one 12 and the other 19, but sadly, very sadly, we have a biologically childless marriage.

I come fro a family of 4 sons. My younger brothers all have 4-5 kids each. Im the only one that has one biological son from previous marriage. I see him once a month due to his mother being difficult.

Is it wrong for me to desire a bio child with my wife. Am I despicable for wanting a bio child with her.

Why does God give children to guys who have more kids than they can handle and they abandon them, and then turns his back on men like me who are so desperate to have children, but God ignores me?

I am trying so really very hard not to be resentful, or envious or even jealous. It is so hard. I have to hide my emotion when my step children talk about their bio father who abandoned them.

So Lord over to you what do I do now....?
Old 17th October 2006, 07:59 AM   #10
John01

I do understand how you feel, when you have been in a marriage before, you will not want another one to break again. Your wife might not want to have more than two kids but then she should have married someone that doesn’t want kids or doesn’t want anymore. These are area of interest I believe both of you should have discussed during your courtship. I pray god will thought her heart and she will allow you your heart desire. I’m currently going through hard time as when in my marriage but you know what: All things are possible to those who believe. Just hold on to God and He will never let you down. Hard time never last but hard people do.

Take care
John
Old 24th December 2006, 12:52 PM   #11
Coffeebean

i'm so sorry to hear of the trouble you are going through. I will be praying for you and your family. I understand the fear you are feeling its like being in a car and watching it excelerate forward to a pile up and not able to prevent it. I feel the same fear. We will get through this time. God will help us through it. God bless and keep safe and let me know how you do.

Merry Christmas