Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 17th August 2004, 07:31 PM   #1
fallenstar

possible divorce...need support

I wrote of my story under the marriage clinic titled "what do I do". Things haven't changed much. I feel so alone. He is very short with me and always seems so angry and frustrated. I feel like I can't talk to him because of situation he put us in. I feel wierd around him, as if he was a stranger in our home. He still won't open up to me. I can't tell anymore if he's possibly having an affair or just really confused with his life right now. He has thrown me so many curve balls I just don't know what to think anymore. We have our 1st therapy session on Thurs. so I guess thats a positive that he's willing to go. I am really scared we are going to end up divorced b/c he acts like he doesn't want to be in this marriage anymore. Please keep me in your prayers as I will for you. I was so sure of my life, get married, have a baby, live life to it's fullest. Now I'm fighting with all my heart to keep my family intact. I don't know how much more of this emotional rollercoaster I can take.
Old 19th August 2004, 03:40 PM   #2
SusanRenee

Re: possible divorce...need support

Hello Fallenangel,

I am in the very same situation as you. I have been married practically 8yrs & have 3 children, My husband moved out 3 months ago. He is a stranger to me now & he blames me for everything. You must dedicate your heart & soul to God & pray, everytime you feel weak or lonely. Even is this time of darkness there is atleast 5 things that you can be thankful for everday. Put a smile on your face & live each day to it's fullest with or without his presence. Never lose faith, God loves marriage & he will not abandon you. He brought me to you, a stranger with the same feelings of hopelesness. But, I refuse to give up what is mine & neither will you. I'm praying for you right now.

Susan
Ospinamsojm@aol.com E-mail me & we can support each other!!!!!
Old 21st August 2004, 03:49 PM   #3
fallenstar

Question Re: possible divorce...need support

thank you so much for taking the time to read my thread. It helps to know that others are in the same situation and are praying for me. We are going to therapy next week together and he was willing so I hope this is a posative sign, just scared what I might hear at the session. Things are still distant between us for the most part, but then theres days that it's like old times again. He still refers to me as "babe" as he always has and even comments on things to do w/ our future together at times. What a confused man! I can't wait to get off this rollercoaster! I will be thinking of you. Thanks
Old 22nd October 2004, 07:58 AM   #4
bertie thomas

Red face Re: possible divorce...need support

I am so sorry that you are going through this fallenstar. The man gives the rest of the male species a hard time.

I so some that you can get things sorted out with him, and that he realises that he is in danger of throwing away something special. You obviously care about him a lot.

My heart goes out to you and the previous reader of this thread.

Best of luck ladies.

Bertie thomas
Old 24th January 2006, 07:26 AM   #5
melissadarby

your lucky hell go mine wont he said that itll make him more mad , hes a former soldier in the army and its been going downhill dince he got home from Iraq in 03 and he wont get help he just wants ti end the marriage according to my friend who he emailed, hes got alot of probs, hes withdrawn from me n the kids, n i need help fixing this and fast
Old 24th January 2006, 05:27 PM   #6
melissadarby

please everyone say a prayer that my husband will come back to us and that he doesnt want a divorce like hes telling my friend n he hasnt told me yet what should i do???
Old 25th January 2006, 10:20 PM   #7
Liz

Dear Melissadarby

Thank you for posting. I'm not sure that there is anything you can "do". There seem to be quite a lot of army families affected as you are. The men are out in the most difficult tough conditions facing death and seeing awful things go on around them. Then they come back to "normal" life and I suspect they don't know how to cope. Thye have spent so long switching off their emotions nad holdign themselves together by discipline that it must be difficult to come back and be warm, loving husband's and fathers able to be in touch with their own and other's emotions.

I know this isn't much of an answer, but perhaps it helps you to understand that it's most likely not your fault this is happening and to try and go on loving your man and praying that he will come out of it.

Liz
Ps found this web site which you may find helpful http://www.ptsdsupport.net/family.html and this book

Last edited by Liz; 25th January 2006 at 10:36 PM.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 03:19 AM   #8
medikel

Dear fallen angel,

I know how you feel! I feel alone too. However, you do have one thing to thank God for, your hubby actually going to counseling w/you. That is a step of faith for you and him. Mine told me he'd go, now says he will not, and we had only a few so called counseling before, only a couple. By the time the pastor and he stopped the small talk, we didn't have time to really get down to it, it was time for the pastor to leave! I told hubby, I needed more time in counseling, he stated, he doesn't have the time. Sad!!!! Isn't it? So, keep your chin up. Let us know how things are, ok?

Medikel, in Ohio