Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Chapel > Christian Marriage

Old 27th November 2014, 11:27 AM   #16
Raymond

Re: Anxiety in the marriage

It's not about how good we are DL it's about how good He is. We will always be weak but we are told to be strong in Him. He is our strength. That is the whole secret. You must know that we are not saved by good works but by faith in Him. There's no condemnation for those in Christ because He has taken any penalty of our sin on Himself. Our freedom is in Him.

It is possible that this fear of germs/sickness has been passed down the line from your mother but if that is the case you can be cut off from that. If there was an opening for it possibly when you were sick then that can be dealt with as well as can all the other stuff. I am not saying it is like a vending machine all in one go, although that can happen. We need to grow into and adjust to the healing that we get because we are so used to the old mechanisms. There is a place for walking in our healing. That's why I emphasise relationship with Christ. If Christ died for you on the cross why would He not now freely give you all things? It takes time to appropriate all that God has done for us but we need to make a start. Seeking the baptism of the Spirit would be a good start if you haven't already received. See Luke 29:49 and Acts 19:6 plus lots of other scriptures.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 07:25 PM   #17
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLover2014 View Post
Chosen, I know how people look down on 'cheaters', it's one of the worst things you can do.

Raymond, I got a terrible bug right before my anxiety started. I've never been so sick in my life. But your right, my mum is a clean freak and I think she's very similar to me. I also think I have social anxiety. I like being with people but big crowds or groups tend to make me uneasy. So I seem prone to nervousness.

I feel I've gotten further from God. I feel ashamed. I know I've begged for forgiveness and I feel it's been dealt with, I just feel like a failure. Like I'll never ever be good enough for him no matter what I do.
Unless you tell people they will never need to know what you have or havent done in the past. If you have asked GOd for forgiveness then you are forgiven, and the guilt isnt from Him.
Everyone in the world has things they wish they hadnt done, because we are all fallible human beings. Dont beat yourself up any more.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2014, 07:40 PM   #18
DogLover2014

some people in my town know. Although I don't think they realise I've already told him. Just feel like it's always an issue I think about everyday. Will someone tell a family member or something.

In another update, I feel close to him at the moment. Maybe with christmas round the corner etc, I just really want to be with him and stay content
DogLover2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 04:57 PM   #19
Raymond

Good enough for who? God or your husband?
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:51 AM   #20
DogLover2014

Never good enough for God. I know we're all precious to him but I just seem to keep fighting temptation all the time. I sometimes look at other men and wonder what it would be like to date them, like the grass is greener type thing.
DogLover2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 07:22 AM   #21
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLover2014 View Post
Never good enough for God. I know we're all precious to him but I just seem to keep fighting temptation all the time. I sometimes look at other men and wonder what it would be like to date them, like the grass is greener type thing.
Thats something you will have to learn to control. Joyce Meyer has written a good book called the Battlefield of the mind.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:47 PM   #22
Raymond

We can all feel that at times doglover. Being tempted isn't a sin. Entering into it is. Having a good marriage is a good defence I find. Also praying at the time especially in the Spirit if you know what that is.