Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 22nd January 2015, 12:28 PM   #31
notDoneYet

Re: Yet another " I love you but I'm not in love with you" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by curo2 View Post
Glad to see you are moving on. I have little girls that are looking to me to save the day. So I am finding it very hard to move on.
Hi Curo. I have a boy of 9 in a similar position. Unfortunately for him his mother won't stop. She's just going to continue on her path to destruction. This is why I need to get settled, and fast so that he has at least some stability with me.
notDoneYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 01:13 PM   #32
notDoneYet

So I have a question for you all. My walk away wife's birthday is coming up soon. I will buy a present from my son to give her and I will buy a card, no gift. But what do I say on the card? I can't say love from, so what's a better term?
Old 24th January 2015, 04:03 PM   #33
chosen

How about Happy Birthday, and then your first name name only. Let your son chose and buy the gift, then it wont seem as if you have bought it.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 07:05 PM   #34
notDoneYet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
How about Happy Birthday, and then your first name name only. Let your son chose and buy the gift, then it wont seem as if you have bought it.
Thanks chosen. Good idea. She will know I paid for the gift, but she will also know it's not from me. Good choice.
Old 28th January 2015, 05:38 PM   #35
notDoneYet

So thought I'd give an update on my situation. I had my initial meeting with family mediation on Monday. They were very helpful and I believe will be a good resource to navigate through this, especially were my son in concerned. However, although they will write to my wife, they also said if she calls this will speed up the process. I've let her know this but I haven't heard from her since Monday. We were emailing each other and it was fairly light in nature. Anyway I don't think she's contacted them yet and I'm beginning to think this is just another delay tactic. I'm deliberately not initiating contact with her but I will be at my house tomorrow to see my boy. If she needs to speak to me then that's fine, I will respond but I will not initiate any communication.

As usual thoughts are welcome.
Old 28th January 2015, 08:03 PM   #36
chosen

Hmmm maybe she is sort of using you as a fall back, and so doesnt really want to work towards any sort of marriage break up as such. I would definitely mention it tomorrow and ask her to ring them.
Old 28th January 2015, 09:32 PM   #37
notDoneYet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Hmmm maybe she is sort of using you as a fall back, and so doesnt really want to work towards any sort of marriage break up as such. I would definitely mention it tomorrow and ask her to ring them.
Hi Chosen. You're not the first one to say this, but I'm being causious. I don't believe for one minute she's done a 180. Besides, I will not be her plan B. I will definitely be mentioning it tomorrow as this is my son's well being and he comes first. On another subject. Curo has went quiet. I'm worried about him.
Old 28th January 2015, 10:58 PM   #38
curo2

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDoneYet View Post
Hi Chosen. You're not the first one to say this, but I'm being causious. I don't believe for one minute she's done a 180. Besides, I will not be her plan B. I will definitely be mentioning it tomorrow as this is my son's well being and he comes first. On another subject. Curo has went quiet. I'm worried about him.
I'll be ok mate. Just a bit up and down.
Old 28th January 2015, 11:14 PM   #39
notDoneYet

Quote:
I'll be ok mate. Just a bit up and down.
Hi buddy, glad you're back. Be strong eh?
Old 29th January 2015, 10:24 PM   #40
curo2

Quote:
Hi buddy, glad you're back. Be strong eh?
I'll try to be.
Old 30th January 2015, 12:45 PM   #41
notDoneYet

Quote:
I'll try to be.
You are strong. Never forget that. You're a man first and foremost.
Old 3rd February 2015, 05:09 PM   #42
ralfgarnett

Quote:
You are strong. Never forget that. You're a man first and foremost.
Makes no odds man or woman, hurt is hurt and a broken heart is painful for anyone, I'm a strapping six foot plus ex rugby player but I have been brought down like a felled tree by a medium sized girl with twinkling eyes and as Samson my Delilah has cut my locks and sapped my strength to the point where only 10 minutes ago I was feeling ok then out of no where I started crying and really missing her.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 05:42 AM   #43
Diamond Power

I love you but I'm not in love with you anymore..the statement sounds so familiar to me. It came like a shooting star. Started from nowhere and ended in nowhere. Sorry if I sound too bitter but I remembered the pain.

I love you but I'm not in love with you anymore, the most humane way of telling me, I don't love you in the same way so let us call it a quits. :-(
Diamond Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 02:19 PM   #44
notDoneYet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Power View Post
I love you but I'm not in love with you anymore..the statement sounds so familiar to me. It came like a shooting star. Started from nowhere and ended in nowhere. Sorry if I sound too bitter but I remembered the pain.

I love you but I'm not in love with you anymore, the most humane way of telling me, I don't love you in the same way so let us call it a quits. :-(
Hi Diamond. Yes, and the speed at which it happened still has me reeling. Just last May I thought I was in a happy marriage. Now I'm away from the family home, only manage to see my boy twice a week as I don't have a permanent home and am looking at divorce. How quickly things change.
Old 4th February 2015, 06:19 PM   #45
chosen

Quote:
Hi Diamond. Yes, and the speed at which it happened still has me reeling. Just last May I thought I was in a happy marriage. Now I'm away from the family home, only manage to see my boy twice a week as I don't have a permanent home and am looking at divorce. How quickly things change.
Its so sad when it happens like that, one spouse has no idea that anything is wrong and has never even been told any different. Such a terrible shock. I remember in my first marriage of 23 years, in the morning I was as normal, and in the afternoon I found something terrible out and the marriage was over. One minute married and the next alone and a single mum of three. At least in my husbands case he and his ex hadnt been happy, and they had already previously had a one year separation before they got back together for a few months till she met someone else. Still horrible but not such a terrible shock.