Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 25th May 2015, 11:07 AM   #1
Sunrise

Unhappy Husbands Delusional Disorder After Accident At Work

My husband was poisoned at work which caused an attack on his nervous system causing delusional psychosis. Before it was medicated, he was accusing me of the most ludacrus things, meeting up and having sex with a man that works in Tesco, Dads at the school playground, calling me names etc. it was horrendous, yet I allowed it because I knew the reason he was being like that wasn't his fault. There would be accusations in front of the kids, when I visited my Mum etc, they went on for about a year. It ruined a family summer holiday also.

It broke my heart and now I feel quite resentful. He doesn't understand why, he says it was because he was ill and I know that but to me it was still all being said from his mouth.

It has obviously resulted in a decline in my sex drive and he thinks it's because I don't like or love him. I do love him but feel a bit broken, which I've said but he doesn't seem to get it.

Do anyone please have advice on how to go about this as we have lost faith in each I think.

Thanks.
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 11:21 AM   #2
ralfgarnett

Re: Husbands Delusional Disorder After Accident At Work

I'm no expert but have you considered mediation or counselling of some kind, perhaps you could talk through your mutual problems in the presence of a good friend or a priest perhaps ?, I'm a great believer in talking things through and facing up to problems head on I just wish my wife did too, I wish you well whatever happens, keep posting you will receive good advice in here there are some very wise and kind people that I am sure will help you, good luck.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 12:46 PM   #3
Sunrise

Thank you for your kind words. He doesn't like thd idea of mediation. Like you, I am ready to talk it all through but when we try he gets defensive. We are on the verge of separating, we have children though so I really would prefer to get through it if we can. So suppose I'll just have to try talk to him again. Thanks again.
Old 25th May 2015, 01:18 PM   #4
chosen

If things are that bad that you are thinking of separation, then I think you must give him an ultimatum that you should both go to marriage counseling. So what that he doesnt like the idea, surely he would make the effort if its that or loose his family??

Whatever the reasons for what he did and said, those things will have caused deep hurts and wounds that will take a long time to heal, and he needs to accept that.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 01:19 PM   #5
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Thank you for your kind words. He doesn't like thd idea of mediation. Like you, I am ready to talk it all through but when we try he gets defensive. We are on the verge of separating, we have children though so I really would prefer to get through it if we can. So suppose I'll just have to try talk to him again. Thanks again.
Please don't take this the wrong way because I am sure you love your husband, but he needs to man up, grow a pair, and face his responsibilities and problems head on, people who refuse to talk through problems are in my book cowards, wreckless and destructive people, they are self centred individuals only concerned with their own feelings and couldn't give a tinkers cuss about those around them, my wife was the same, the person I loved and respected in the entire world is a cowardly destructive individual and I have lost almost total respect for her, your husband appears to be on a one way journey to marital apocalypse, unfortunately you cant get them to talk if they don't want to and this is the problem with them, maybe if you give it time then he might be more open to the idea of mediation because so much can be solved by simply talking honestly and frankly, we already know this it's just a shame that our WW don't have the same views.
Old 25th May 2015, 02:29 PM   #6
Sunrise

Smile Re: Husbands Delusional Disorder After Accident At Work

Thanks all for the support,
Just had a frank talk on the phone with him this dinner time after reading the replies and I'm going to make sure everything's said this evening, maybe write things down first!
Old 25th May 2015, 03:45 PM   #7
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Just had a frank talk on the phone with him this dinner time after reading the replies and I'm going to make sure everything's said this evening, maybe write things down first!
Good idea, whenever I have a point to make in any situation I also make notes pre-conversation.
Old 25th May 2015, 03:54 PM   #8
chosen

Quote:
IT sometimes helps to write it all in a letter and give it to him to read. Then give him time to read and digest it and then have a heart to heart
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 05:16 PM   #9
Lindentree1

If the love is still there I hope you can work it out. This situation must have been heartbreaking for you.

I knew someone who had gone through temporary psychosis. They had no memory of what they said, and meant not a word of it. Try to keep that in mind.

What your husband went through was horrible--getting poisoned and going through psychosis is not an easy thing to go through, and what you had to hear was horrible. However, he probably had no idea what he was saying, and if he had never said those things to you before-- you know he was sick.

It can't be easy for him if you pulled away sexually for something that essentially was not his fault.

I'm not taking his side, but try to see his. He asked for none of this. If you separated for this reason it would be incredibly sad for you and the kids.

I hope you can work this out.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote