Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 10th July 2009, 09:28 AM   #1
Brian's walk

Prayers and advice needed Please

I really do not know where to begin. I met and married my wife believing that she was a Christian. She has behaved so badly and with total dis-regard for the teachings of the Bible. She is an only child and has a very domineering mother who is a non believer. Her mother treats her father in a terrible manner and has no respect for this placid and loyal gentleman. Instead of my wife treating our marriage as a Christian one she tries to replicate the one that she had learnt from her childhood. She has Committed Adultery, told Lies Under Oath, been violent to me and our children on many occasions and many many other hurtfull and damaging things. She has never said sorry os expressed any remorse for anything, often blaming others for her behaviour. The last time she beat me up and took a piece of wood to me, I tried to get her to appoligise for her behaviour and after asking several times, five hours later in desperation to get her to see that there is no exscuse for violence I called the Police. Since then she has only resented me for this, and a few months on still has not said sorry. I truly Love her and I do understand that she has been damaged by her mother, but Christ can heal those things if she would only let him in. I am not feeling able to cope with the constant struggle and dis-harmony for much longer, I have had other things to cope with this last two years including Berevement. God has helped me along this path a lot, but sometimes I despair and even doubt my faith in Him. My wife and I have been Blessed with three Wonderfull children but they are getting old enough to be shaped by her in ways that are not the ways that they need to. I want the Joy, Peace and Harmony that Christ wants to give our Marriage. Please find some time if you can to Pray for my wife and I and our children. Yours Sincerely in Christ. Brian
Brian's walk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 11:58 AM   #2
JWD

Re: Prayers and advice needed Please

reposted in prayer
Old 8th August 2009, 07:13 AM   #3
weddedandwinning

Brain,

Never give up on Christ, he will never give up on you. Trust in the spirit. Ignore the flesh. My prayers are with you and your family. Seek comfort and solitude in the word. Shelter your children.

I would feel funny about giving any advice before I give you or any other fine members of this site my story. Yet after reading your post I had to respond.

It sounds as if your wife's heart is as hard as stone, marred by the flesh. Remember the parable of sowing seeds, Mark Chapter 4 vs 3-9.

I will post my story, I belive in my heart that I can help. Keep in touch.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:36 AM   #4
weddedandwinning

Brain,

Are you hanging in there?

Tags
abused by wife, down in spirit, unevenly yolked