Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 19th August 2002, 03:11 AM   #1
Unregistered

need prayer

I have a husband who is a sex addict. He will not admit it. He was an alcoholic which he beat 10 years ago. I discovered that he was having an illicit affair with a girl who is 10 years younger than our son. I have confronted him, on several ocaisions only to have him say he would end it. The last time I confronted him. I went to my sons home to talk to my son and his wife. I came home with the intention of moving out, only to finding him having chest pains. I took him to urgent care, and he was then stabilized and transferred to the hospital. He came home for a few days untilthey could schedule surgery. I thought that he had broken off the affiar, only to find that he was still corresponding with her. She came to the Hospital Surgery Waiting room. I do not know if I am stong enough to cope with this. I sent her a scathing email accusing her of the affair, She denies the affiar, however, I have proof of the affair. Please pray for me to have strength and for God to guide me. I am confused, hurt, and angry. I am trying to get over the anger, as I realize that this addiction is a disease. However, I am also frightened and afraid, as my husband could have given me a number of STD's some of them could kill me.
Old 12th September 2002, 09:30 AM   #2
msp2911

Dear friend,
What a tangled web we weave. My prayers are with you for both your husband's health and your marriage. My own marriage is such a mess, I am not qualified to give any direction. I will pray that God gives you the strength to deal with your pain and shows your husband how lucky he is to have someone who is willing to forgive.
Old 9th October 2002, 12:10 PM   #3
Unregistered

Sat here thinking of something really indeapth and spiritual that would give you the upliftment and healing you seek, yet, nothing came to mind, exept to say that you are in the palm of God's hand.

Thinking of you in my prayers
Old 13th March 2004, 03:41 PM   #4
Unregistered

healing...For those without hope...a mircal prayer for you...The Prayer of St. Theresa...O Glorious St. Theresa, whom almighty God has raised up to aid and counsel mankind, I implore you miraculous Intercessions. So powerful are you in obtaining every need of body and soul our Holy Mother Church proclaims you a "Prodigy of Miracles...The Great St. of Modern Times." Now I frevently beseech you to answer my petition...(say petition here)...and to carry out your promise of spending your time in Heaven doing good upon the earth...of letting fall from heaven a shower of roses. Hence forth, dear Little Flower, I fulfill you plan "to be made known everywhere" and i will never cease to lead other to Jesus through you. Amen. St. Theresa Little Flower, pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with the message of love. Ask God to grant the favor I implore and tell him I will love himeach day more and more. SAY 5 Lords' Prayer...5 Hail Marys...5 Glory Be's...for five days before 11:00 a.m....then on the fifth day pray an extra sequence of these prayer for other in despair and publish or circulate prayer on the fifth day. If a rose appears in your life within 5 days after this your prayer will be answered. God Bless you all...with God all things are possible...even miraculous changes of heart.

may you smell the roses soon