2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th March 2015, 02:03 PM   #16
chosen

Re: 365 Gratefulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
Today I am grateful that I had a mostly good nights sleep which in turn will help me to face the day better, I have things to do today that I really don't want to do but I have to face up to them and deal with them the best I can, I need to find a way to start becoming strong again I have been weak far too long now, Spring is here with its new growth maybe its time for me to grow again, wish me luck everyone please I am trying to change my way of thinking for the better.
Good for you.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2015, 02:56 PM   #17
Lindentree1

Quote:
Today I am grateful that I had a mostly good nights sleep which in turn will help me to face the day better, I have things to do today that I really don't want to do but I have to face up to them and deal with them the best I can, I need to find a way to start becoming strong again I have been weak far too long now, Spring is here with its new growth maybe its time for me to grow again, wish me luck everyone please I am trying to change my way of thinking for the better.
I would never call you weak, Ralf. You didn't curl up in your bed and not face the world. You saw your doctor, your counselor, kept working. This all looks like strength to me. I would focus on your strengths, and better thinking will follow. I wish you all the luck in the world. You deserve to be happy--we all do. And how appropriate, spring is such a time for growth--even though it SNOWED yesterday where I am. Can you believe that? Eventually spring will come here (I live a few miles outside of Chicago, in a close suburb).
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2015, 02:58 PM   #18
Lindentree1

I am grateful for this forum and the wonderful people on here that support each other. I found this site on a random Google search, and I am so touched by all the help and advice I've received.
Old 24th March 2015, 06:32 PM   #19
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindentree1 View Post
I would never call you weak, Ralf. You didn't curl up in your bed and not face the world. You saw your doctor, your counselor, kept working. This all looks like strength to me. I would focus on your strengths, and better thinking will follow. I wish you all the luck in the world. You deserve to be happy--we all do. And how appropriate, spring is such a time for growth--even though it SNOWED yesterday where I am. Can you believe that? Eventually spring will come here (I live a few miles outside of Chicago, in a close suburb).
I have relatives on my Irish side in Chicago, thanks for what you said but I am very emotionally weak and have been since b-day I am wavering even today and feeling tempted to contact her to remind her how much I love and miss her but I know its a waste of time.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2015, 06:49 PM   #20
Lindentree1

Quote:
I have relatives on my Irish side in Chicago, thanks for what you said but I am very emotionally weak and have been since b-day I am wavering even today and feeling tempted to contact her to remind her how much I love and miss her but I know its a waste of time.
We have a lot of Irish in Chicago. We even dye our river in Chicago green(temporarily) to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day.
Old 25th March 2015, 04:16 PM   #21
ralfgarnett

Today I am grateful that I have a large tin of pilchards on toast for my tea.
Old 26th March 2015, 06:01 PM   #22
ralfgarnett

I cant think of anything today so that didn't last long, I'm feeling very sad today and have cried a few times, I miss my wife and our previous life very much indeed and I wish she was here with me right now just as she used to be and has been for the best part of 20 years, I still pray that we get things sorted now that would be something to be gratefull for, in saying that I was always gratefull to have her in my life I knew what a special person she was and how lucky we were to have such a wonderfull marriage, just goes to show just how wrong you can be about someone doesn't it, I thought we were rock solid that nothing apart from death would or could part us but now here we are 8 months later with no communication of any kind I fell abandoned, rejected, hurt, sad, lonely and scared.
Old 26th March 2015, 06:29 PM   #23
Lindentree1

Quote:
I cant think of anything today so that didn't last long, I'm feeling very sad today and have cried a few times, I miss my wife and our previous life very much indeed and I wish she was here with me right now just as she used to be and has been for the best part of 20 years, I still pray that we get things sorted now that would be something to be gratefull for, in saying that I was always gratefull to have her in my life I knew what a special person she was and how lucky we were to have such a wonderfull marriage, just goes to show just how wrong you can be about someone doesn't it, I thought we were rock solid that nothing apart from death would or could part us but now here we are 8 months later with no communication of any kind I fell abandoned, rejected, hurt, sad, lonely and scared.
So sorry, Ralf.

Did the priest talk to her yet?
Old 27th March 2015, 10:28 AM   #24
ralfgarnett

Quote:
So sorry, Ralf.

Did the priest talk to her yet?
I don't know LDT not seen him since Wednesday, however today I am grateful that I finish my work early and that I have some toulose sauasges for lunch going to have them with sauted potatoes with fried onions and garlic.
Old 27th March 2015, 05:42 PM   #25
Lindentree1

Quote:
I don't know LDT not seen him since Wednesday, however today I am grateful that I finish my work early and that I have some toulose sauasges for lunch going to have them with sauted potatoes with fried onions and garlic.
I can't be grateful today. I just don't want to be here.

I'm going to a counselor in 30 minutes. What's the point?
Old 27th March 2015, 06:48 PM   #26
chosen

Quote:
I can't be grateful today. I just don't want to be here.

I'm going to a counselor in 30 minutes. What's the point?
You are suffering a bereavement and a rejection, its a terrible shock, it will take lots of time to heal from.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 07:48 PM   #27
notDoneYet

I am grateful that I can learn and grow even in the worst situations. Peace.
notDoneYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 03:41 PM   #28
Lindentree1

I am grateful to have had a good sleep last night.
Old 29th March 2015, 05:06 PM   #29
ralfgarnett

Quote:
I am grateful to have had a good sleep last night.
I am grateful that I also had a good nights sleep last night in fact I think it was the best night since she left, only problem is that I have had gut ache since yesterday gaviscon time I think
Old 29th March 2015, 05:25 PM   #30
Lindentree1

Quote:
I am grateful that I also had a good nights sleep last night in fact I think it was the best night since she left, only problem is that I have had gut ache since yesterday gaviscon time I think
Hope your gut feels better, Ralf. I wonder if it was something you ate that disagreed with you.