Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 18th June 2009, 08:49 AM   #16
Raymond

Re: Is anyone brave enough to read the whole thing and offer some words of wisdom???

I see hope here CM. Maybe she just needs the independence she never had. Maybe you will have to woo her again in an entirely different and adult way. She knows you love her. I really hope you find a way forward. Being married is a lot of responsibility in itself I would have thought. Maybe it will be different if you ever have children.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 10:00 PM   #17
crazymonkey

Re: Is anyone brave enough to read the whole thing and offer some words of wisdom???

Raymond,
I'm glad someone else sees hope lol It's been a tough week but I know what I have to do for things to be better for her and for myself and maybe at some point when she's ready our relationship as well. We're in the process of splitting up the bills, changing bank accounts, getting her situated for the spare bedroom... I think once things calm down it will somehow be easier on me but for the time being all of this is just a reminder that everything is completely different now. I've been on medical leave from work and I'm going back tomorrow... I'll be working 10 hour days so I wont really have too much time to get upset about everything... I think that's a good thing... I need to stay logical and leave my emotions alone for a while... this is what she needs to grow up and that's the best thing I can do for her. I think it will be good for me to really be able to just focus on myself for while. It's just hard but if we can work through something like this then anything else our relationship may go through is minor in comparison.

Take Care,
Oh... btw my name is Adam. At first I wasn't real sure about using names since I'm pretty detailed about my life here anyways.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 22nd June 2009, 08:44 AM   #18
Raymond

I think that is all you can do Adam. You are helping het to sort this thing out in your own way. I believe there is still a tie there but she needs time to work this thing out. Good could come out of it.

Good to get yourself balanced again and let things subside a bit. When things settle you should be able to see the way forward even though you will need patience with her. Sometimes people go away so that they can come back permantly.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coping, divorcem, separated, separation, single