Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Chapel > Christian Marriage

Old 28th April 2006, 06:28 PM   #16
Liz

Re: The female point of view

Dear Blessing

Helen is right, you can order it from Amazon using the link on the page that I have given you. If you aren't happy ordering over the internet any Christian or ordinary bookshop will order it for you. If you tell them the name author and ISBN 1842271806 , Published by Paternoster press, then they chould be able to order it in for you. Some Christian bookshops carry copies in stock.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2006, 07:42 PM   #17
Jonas

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessing
It was a bit much for me to take in at first but I will go over it gain.
I understand. The text isn't what I would call short, but studying it thoroughly is certainly worth its time. I must say I will go through it again because the whole issue of marriage and remarriage tends to be complicated, especially when it comes to actual application.

Quote:
I feel abit tossed between to opions about remarrige. Its a real big subject and I am so scared of dissapointing God and going to hell but on the other hand I would feel totally at peace if I knew God would still accept and forgive me if I did remarry.
Now this astounds me: you say your disappointing God might send you to hell. There is no hell, Blessing, and I am not just saying this. Scripture, in its purest form, has no passage where it talks about hell. This may sound heretical or even blasphemous, but it isn't really. (This might need some elucidation; the reason for my briefness here is the simple fact that this forum is not meant for such topics.)

All the passages that are usually translated with 'hell' in the King James Version should either be translated with Gehenna (a literal place near Jerusalem), unseen (the state into which we pass when we die, we are simply imperceptible), or Tartarus (a place where heavenly messengers are kept for judgement). The original manuscripts support these renderings. Also, what is usually connected to the idea of hell is eternal condmnation or suffering/torment in hell. I don't think it would be appropriate to go into much detail on this topic here (just as with the topic of hell), but suffice it to say, God will never condemn anyone to eternal suffering. He will judge His creatures, yes, but never with an eternal judgment that is in absolute disharmony with mankinds limited time of sin and stubborness toward God.

The real issue at hand here is what pleases your Maker and God as you rightly say. I will write some more about this in respond to the text by Dr. Webb.

But I do want to make you aware, Blessing, of the fact that "whom God foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son" and "whom He designates beforehand, these He calls also, and whom He calls, these He justifies also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also." (Ro 8:28-30) And remember, God "saves us and calls us with a holy calling, not in accord with our acts, but in accord with His own pupose and the grace which is given to us in Christ Jesus before times eonian (or, as it were, before everything began)." (2.Tim 1:9) You are secure in Christ, no matter what you have done or will do! You see, God chose you for salvation before you even existed. Before you were able to do any good or bad, God said, I want Blessing to believe in me and be saved on the one day I appoint. This is true consolation. God won't cast you away once He accepted you!

Quote:
Please would you let me know what happed with your C
I haven't had contact with her for the last two or three months. She took the parting not as hard as I did I guess. For me it was like a heavy blow in the face, but for her, well, she said that is how things are: you disagree and find that it doesn't work out, that convictions and interests are different, and then you part. Simple for her. But that this whole thing with marriage is not about interests or opinions but about God and His truths and His honor did not seem to have touched her. To my mind, C has this spirit of extreme tolerance toward everyone. Of course, I wouldn't force anything on anybody, but there still is this duty of defending the truths of God. And there is my strong desire to find out what God thinks about things, about life and its phenomena, and about how I should conduct myself.

As it seems to me, C continued her life as usual. On the contrary, I was, and sometimes still am, knocked to the ground with the inability to get up again to live my life normally. But I believe all this has its purpose, its lesson, that will bring me closer to my God eventually who initiated all this in the first place.

Jonas

Last edited by Jonas; 29th April 2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 1st May 2006, 02:15 AM   #18
PercyPea

Question Re: The female point of view

Hi, sorry to take this thread off topic, I'm new to this board, just registered as I was just confused about Jonas' post saying that there is no hell.

In Luke 16:22 - 28 Jesus seems to suggest that there is such a place.

Quote:
22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Old 1st May 2006, 05:40 AM   #19
Jonas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PercyPea
Hi, sorry to take this thread off topic, I'm new to this board, just registered as I was just confused about Jonas' post saying that there is no hell.

In Luke 16:22 - 28 Jesus seems to suggest that there is such a place.
Hi PercyPea,

Thank you for your reply and yes, this certainly would become even more off topic if I were going to answer to your objection. As I said, I am not just saying that there is no hell. I can explain, and would love to to that, but not here, in this forum. Either we find another forum that is made for topics like this, or we exchange email addresses. What would you like? I'd love to enter into a email dialogue with you about the question whether there is hell or not.

Jonas

Last edited by Jonas; 1st May 2006 at 05:53 AM.
Old 1st May 2006, 11:06 AM   #20
PercyPea

Hi Jonas, that would be great.

Take my username on these forums, and stick it in front of an @hotmail.com and you'll have my email address

Thanks

PercyPea
Old 1st May 2006, 02:37 PM   #21
blessing

Hi Jonas

I would emagine that Her lack of bother about the break up must have been painful but I would be comforted by the fact that because your interest is more for what God wants he is definately keeping you in line and avoiding unecessary conflict and if you continue to follow there will be far greater treasures for you at the end.

see it as a blessing.

After not hearing from my husband I discovered that he sneaked into my flat and found one of his bank statements that I had opened, he went to the pastor and complained that I had opened one of his letters and that he didnt want to receive any help towards our marraige.
The pastor called me and told me my husband had complained and arranged for my husband another pastor and myself meet at my place to express both of are veiws on the reason he left and the future. He keeps on saying that there is no point and coming up with excuses like he doesnt feel the same and he wants to not have anyone ask him where he is going when he leaves to go out anywhere or when he is coming back and peti little things like that, I am confused as I am not sure what attitude I should have towards our marraige as to me it is so plain to see that he wants out and has done so for along time now.

As a christian what would be the right thing to do with regards to divorce

There are some other issues pertaining to the bible and not discussable here that I would like to talk with you about would i b able to contact you by email
Old 1st May 2006, 10:31 PM   #22
Jonas

Blessing, yes you can contact me via email. Please use jonas_chl@hotmail.com and I will get back to you quickly.
Old 2nd May 2006, 05:04 PM   #23
Jonas

The first part of the emailaddress is not seperated by a space but by a _ .
Old 2nd May 2006, 07:37 PM   #24
blessing

Thanks Jonas