Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 12th April 2009, 06:59 PM   #31
jahdog

Re: Jahdog

Hey ladies! I have been laying low. Actually work is kickin my butt. Work,sleep,crash, repeat. Anyway hope all yooz guyz( like my NY accent there, actually Jersey, NYers would be offended and pissed by that). Still us southerners like to make fun. Ha Ha! Anyway hope all my friends here are doing good. I am working on forgiveness too. Anger gets in way sometimes. Do not know if that will ever go away. I really want indifference and to not care. That will be a sweet day indeed. Happy Easter everybody.
Old 12th April 2009, 07:01 PM   #32
JWD

It sure will. All I want is to be over this as fast as possible but I suppose if we rush it we learn nothing. I want to learn how to be happy on my own so that no matter what happens in the future, I will never feel so scared, abandoned and gut wrenchingly sad again. I know there is every chance that this could happen to me in the future but if it does, I'll know that I will once again be happy and get over it.

I am very impatient also and I'm hopeless when it comes to decision making so I'm going to work on both these things using the win win model etc that I've taken from all my self help books.

£2 years old and never picked up a self help book. I suppose it's also a good thing as I've never felt I required them til now.
Old 12th April 2009, 07:04 PM   #33
JWD

Hi JD, good to hear from you. It's so much easier to hate isn't it and be angry so I believe forgining eventually will make us stronger people. I'm now reading your post in your Jersey accent ha, well accents from the soprannos ast least
Old 12th April 2009, 07:06 PM   #34
RayCub

Yeah, I suppose if I rush things I'll just end up making the same mistakes over and over again, won't I??

Sigh.......I just want to be happy and feel whole again......NOT that I need a guy for that. It would just be nice SOME DAY.
Old 12th April 2009, 07:09 PM   #35
jahdog

Hi Jwd. True. Easy to hate and be angry, but does no good. Only gonna hurt ourselves. I love sapranos. downloaded from some site that also uploads to others so hbo got real mad and threatened to press charges for illegally broadcasting copyrighted material so before I could burn them i just deleted files. Had the whole series too. bummed about that How are you?
Old 12th April 2009, 07:11 PM   #36
JWD

I wonder why we so need a partner to share our lives with. I just feel I am made for being in a partnership. I loved having someone to care about and love. Loved making someone happy by doing small things, being a shoulder to cry on, being a support. It's a nice feeling to think that no matter what happens, one person in the whole world has your back and loves you. I thought I had that but I didn't so it's back to the drawing board to either find that person or find a way to exist without those needs
Old 12th April 2009, 07:14 PM   #37
JWD

Thats rubbish. I'm ok ta, very slowly getting 'there' I think. Having horrible dreams and for sosme reason flasg backs. It's like some form of post traumatic stress, then when I remember things i get angry thinking how dare you say or do that. Think it's good as I'm at least seeing the bigger picture
Old 12th April 2009, 07:15 PM   #38
jahdog

Yeah. Being happy and feeling whole again will be good. Right now we all have had part of us destroyed or at the least severly wounded. Time for healing. And growing, and learning.
Old 12th April 2009, 07:17 PM   #39
RayCub

I think I just love loving. Period.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:53 AM   #40
dave123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD View Post
I want to learn how to be happy on my own so that no matter what happens in the future, I will never feel so scared, abandoned and gut wrenchingly sad again. I know there is every chance that this could happen to me in the future but if it does, I'll know that I will once again be happy and get over it.
JWD that is so spot on!! I think life won't allow us to rush it, we will come out the end exactly when we need to and when we are ready for the next chapter to begin. I am struggling at the moment between wanting to share time with new friends and possibly a new partner, and allowing myself to be really OK on my own. I have only ever lived alone for 3 months and was dating then anyway so have never done it! I wonder what it feels like?

I hope Jahdog you get the Sopranos again, i have the whole lot on DVD and it is awesome. I wouldn't use it as any example of how to live though
Old 14th April 2009, 01:31 AM   #41
jahdog

No Sopranos definatly not way to live. The show sort of makes people at first like some of the characters and they seem like good, normal people sometimes, but as it goes you realize they are pretty much all horrible, evil people. Good mobster OG kind of stuff though. I am big fan of Godfather, Goodfellas, etc. Must be my Italian roots. Good luck to livin life on own or with new partner. Choices are good. Cheers.
Old 14th April 2009, 09:58 PM   #42
JWD

Hi Dave, dating feels wonderful, I remember it. Does he like me, doesn't he, ha, and the making sure your breath is fresh and waitingh to see who calls texts first hahaha. I'm so childish. :-)

JD, I love gangster films too, nlt sure why because I don't like evil people. Goodfellows was the most violent so had to shut my eyes at the bad bits. Casiono was good, and true apparently.

What do you think happened at the end of it. Was he dreaming or did they kill him. It was all the badies he had killed in his life in the resteraunt wasn't it
Old 15th April 2009, 12:05 AM   #43
jahdog

Not sure what the end was about. I figure a movie or sequel show or something at some point.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:42 AM   #44
dave123

I think they were deliberately obtuse. There was meant to be 3 minutes of black screen at the end emulating the crucifixion from the bible (networks wouldn't allow it). All aspects of the set and characters in it were symbolic, some were clear what they were other are known only to the producers.
IMO they overdid it. I wanted him to live, because you grow to love him, however they took time each season to remind you of the misery surrounding them all. From the season finales before giving these reminders, i feel there is no doubt they kill him. Despite the rules on killing with families present!

I still wish i was an amalgamation of Tony Soprano, House MD, Vic Mackey and The Dude from The Big Lebowski!
Old 15th April 2009, 01:30 PM   #45
georgie

I am embarrassed to say that I have always had absolute empathy for Tony Soprano because I am pretty certain that the character of his mother was based on mine..
See youse guys I didn't turn out so bad after all - I even managed to steer clear of the 'sanitation' business... although had I not found a job by the end of this month I coulda been sending some wiseguys to swim with the fishes
georgie is offline   Reply With Quote