Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 10th December 2014, 12:11 AM   #1
ralfgarnett

When does the nagging itch go away cant take much more.

Been nearly 6 months now since she walked out for no good reason, I ca honestly say that in that time not one waking second has felt normal, I have had awfull times, dreadfull times, average times, miserable times and so on and so forth, not had hardly what I would describe as happy times, but all through there has been one fundamental feeling ticking away in my background and that is a combined feeling of hurt, sadness, loss, anger, annoyance, irritation etc etc etc etc and anything else you can throw in there betrayal, lack of communication, deceit, denial, pressure, stress, anxiety you name it they are all in there in this knotted ball rolling round in my brain just ticking away ruining everything I do, so when does this background ticking actually go away ? as it is with me at all times and it is really getting me down now and I am struggling to cope with it, al I wnt is to be happy and to even enjoy things again.When does the nagging itch go away cant take much more
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 05:45 AM   #2
chosen

Re: When does the nagging itch go away cant take much more.

I believe that once you accept it is over for good it will get a bit easier. The fact that you have been so hopeful all this time, not knowing why she really left, not knowing if she will come back, having you life put on hold etc made is very hard to know where you were and whether your future involved her or not. Acceptance of what is, is part of the process, and once you have done that, you will begin to look to the future and not the past.
No one ever said it was easy, its horrible and painful and devastating.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 05:29 PM   #3
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I believe that once you accept it is over for good it will get a bit easier. The fact that you have been so hopeful all this time, not knowing why she really left, not knowing if she will come back, having you life put on hold etc made is very hard to know where you were and whether your future involved her or not. Acceptance of what is, is part of the process, and once you have done that, you will begin to look to the future and not the past.
No one ever said it was easy, its horrible and painful and devastating.
God bless you Chosen.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 10:11 AM   #4
m eschenbruch

Not in the best position but i can vouch for what chosen has said. I was coming to terms with me situation and happy that my marriage was essential ended because i could have closure and acceptance of that. But just got a message from the ex earlier this week to say maybe we could work in the future and suddenly I'm back near the start again. . .

So going through the motions, accepting the situation will help you greatly and those negative feelings will subside and you'll start to look forward to things and the future. I just hope you're in a position that there is a conclusion and the relationship isn't still in limbo.
m eschenbruch is offline   Reply With Quote