Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 26th August 2013, 09:18 AM   #196
Puglove

Re: Husband has left!

I am just so thankful for good friends and family and my dogs. They love me! The dogs especially they cuddle up to me at night, comfort me when I am sad and don't intend to leave!!
Old 26th August 2013, 01:13 PM   #197
Puglove

He has just tried calling me twice and I was on the phone both times! Glad of that. Glad I didn't rush. He left two voicemails saying he was calling me as I left message with his parents and hope we are still on for the 5th
Old 26th August 2013, 01:19 PM   #198
toellandback

That's the way to do it. Don't jump everytime he produces a hoop
Old 26th August 2013, 09:29 PM   #199
Puglove

I spoke to him. I just told him I was sorry for all the texting, that I'm genuinely finding this difficult as I married him forever and I meant that and if we have to seperate we have to seperate for a bit rather than divorce. He said he only took me off Facebook temporarily because he didn't like seeing me on there given the current situation but its not forever and we can talk more on the 5th
Old 26th August 2013, 09:49 PM   #200
toellandback

Sounds like breadcrumbs if you don't mind me saying. I do hope he is not just keeping you on a string. My wife was doing that to me. That's why I will not entertain her anymore unless she clearly indicates that she is wanting the same as me.
I hope for you that he is being genuine
Old 26th August 2013, 11:15 PM   #201
Puglove

I did think that was a weird thing to say as NOONE has their ex wives on their Facebook pages. I was genuinely expecting him to say "well we are getting a divorce and I don't want you on there anymore." Or something along those lines so was shocked by his response although I didn't make anything of it on the phone to him Yoda and I have not text him since and don't intend to. Over this weekend I have realised that he is clearly going through something and whatever that something is its not my fault. I didn't make him leave he chose to. He has chosen to stay away and not come home and all I can do is wait whole getting on with my life. I genuinely love him l, that's why I married him and I love him enough to see that he is going through something and I need to sit back. Not because I am desperate or pathetic but purely because he is my husband and he is going through something. If he chooses to divorce that is his choice and he pays for it and suffers the consequences of it. Whatever his decision he needs to make it on his own. Some people don't understand why I have decided to do this but I do.
Old 26th August 2013, 11:21 PM   #202
toellandback

I understand truely I do
Old 26th August 2013, 11:28 PM   #203
Puglove

And whatever happens I have friends, family, you guys and my dogs! One of which is curled up under the duvet on my foot, the other is on the duvet just staring at me! It's the pug that's staring..he always stares!!!
Old 26th August 2013, 11:42 PM   #204
toellandback

We just might be gettiing there. I have my grandsons room. All that stares at me is buzz lightyear !!!
Old 26th August 2013, 11:45 PM   #205
Puglove

At least buzz doesn't snore!!!
Old 26th August 2013, 11:57 PM   #206
toellandback

Feel sorry for your pugs if you snore !!!
Old 27th August 2013, 08:58 AM   #207
Raymond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puglove View Post
I did think that was a weird thing to say as NOONE has their ex wives on their Facebook pages. I was genuinely expecting him to say "well we are getting a divorce and I don't want you on there anymore." Or something along those lines so was shocked by his response although I didn't make anything of it on the phone to him Yoda and I have not text him since and don't intend to. Over this weekend I have realised that he is clearly going through something and whatever that something is its not my fault. I didn't make him leave he chose to. He has chosen to stay away and not come home and all I can do is wait whole getting on with my life. I genuinely love him l, that's why I married him and I love him enough to see that he is going through something and I need to sit back. Not because I am desperate or pathetic but purely because he is my husband and he is going through something. If he chooses to divorce that is his choice and he pays for it and suffers the consequences of it. Whatever his decision he needs to make it on his own. Some people don't understand why I have decided to do this but I do.
That makes a lot of sense to me. You realise his problems are personal and you are standing back and are letting him make his own decisions. As said before the ball is in his court and you are holding back from begging and resisting grovelling. Well done. There are now signs that you will get the victory here with or without him.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 01:11 PM   #208
Puglove

It may "work" in the sense it will give him time to really think and not rush but I cannot control what he does. I can not agree with it but it that's it. I did and still do find the Facebook thing strange though
Old 27th August 2013, 07:53 PM   #209
Puglove

Well I've gone over 24 hours since talking to him. I'm at my mums right now and she is very hurt by his behaviour and keeps being negative "how can you ever trust him again if he does come back?" "What if you meet on the 5th and he still wants a divorce?"
I know that my family will worry but it's my life.
Old 27th August 2013, 08:24 PM   #210
toellandback

Yes , its your life. Your mum is obviously concerned for you , but you must make your own choices sometimes. Although I am trying to expect the worst anytime I hear from ny wife, self defence. Your doing great , 24hrs. If nothing else your giving yourself a break.

Tags
advice, divorce, husband problems