Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:14 PM   #1
nik1h

desperation

Ok folks

Im not really religious but since my father got cured from cancer i've tried to give it a 'open mind'.

I've been posting in marriage help for nearly a year on and off and have said the odd prayer in church (mum goes and take son but he likes me to go pick him up so I go for last half hour)

Things have deteriorated lately and I have tried praying more and more (hollow i guess if your not committed) but things keep getting worse in my marriage.

I am nearing a point where Im going to break and i just dont know which way.

Maybe some of you could say a prayer for me. I know many are already even in my local church and cathedral but he doesnt seem to be listening.

If you can please do, if not thankyou for listening.

Nick
Old 3rd April 2008, 04:10 AM   #2
Alice Alice

Re: desperation

hi nik1h

i know how you feel you pray but feel nothing...so much pain numbs the soul.
read the bible i like the new testament personally

i will send you a prayer
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:51 PM   #3
Raymond

Nik1h maybe you need to make your peace with God? By the way He doesn't want you to be religious. The simplest way and the only way is to receive Christ. He is the only way to God and He is the one who paid the price for our sins. Without that we could never come to God. But as He has already paid the price I think it is very unwise to go through life and not avail ourselves of the work which has already been done by Christ. He is not going to come into to your life without you asking. He is too much of a gentleman. If you wanted to do that He will not turn you away. We are not worthy in ourselves but He makes us worthy through his blood shed for us for forgiveness that we can receive. He has a new life for you if you wanted it.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:36 PM   #4
nik1h

Raymond,

I will try what you say. I will invite him in

Even the most dedicated christian (my mum for one) are struggling to keep their faith.

I ask god to not change my wifes mind because he offers us all free will but to guide her back to her marriage and help her realise what she is giving up.

Reap what you sow. I try to be honourable, not perfect but of generally good faith.

At 39 I yearn for more than the 3 years of happiness I was given. My son is the greatest achievement I have ever made but a family is the greatest treasure I have ever lost.

Nick
Old 4th April 2008, 12:44 PM   #5
Raymond

Nik1h if you are serious He will come in. I could frame a prayer for you if it would help? We did pray for you last night.

You will begin to walk in a different way with Jesus as your helper and have access to God. It is a very personal thing and not religious at all. This is real stuff with a real God who promises that whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved, not might be. Your eternity is far more important than your present problems but you will find that God is an ever present help in time of need. The scripture says there is no other name given by which we must be saved. It's only through Jesus. He has arranged it that way. You will find that out more and more.

A scripture to help you. He that believes on the Son has everlasting life and shall not pass into condemnation but has passed from death to life.

God bless

Raymond
Old 7th April 2008, 08:11 PM   #6
nik1h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Nik1h if you are serious He will come in. I could frame a prayer for you if it would help?
Sorry for the delay in replying. Thankyou. A prayer would be great. Im open minded and will try anything

Nick
Old 7th April 2008, 08:41 PM   #7
Raymond

Hi Nik1h theres no rush it's not about rush. It's about you and Christ. I didn't say God because all you need is Christ just now. If you have him you have the Father also. You have a lot of problems which He knows all about but He waits for you to come to Him by your own choice. If you can take time to come away from your problems for a while and ask Him in He will. If you give your life over to Him you will not be disappointed. He has said I will never leave you nor forsake you. A prayer you could say is this.

O Lord Jesus Christ. I believe you are the Son of God who paid a price through the cross so that I could have eternal life. You know all about me and all my problems. I ask you to come into my life and save me. Thank you for forgiving my past and all my sins right now. Heal me everywhere I need to be healed. Help me to live for you and follow you as best I can.

Nik1h if you can sincerely say that prayer He will come in and save you. The bible says whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. He can save you in your situation and more important eternally. He loves you and you can enter into His love by receiving Christ and what He did for you on the cross. Let me know how you get on.

God bless

Raymond

Last edited by Raymond; 7th April 2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11th April 2008, 07:18 PM   #8
nik1h

Raymond,

Things have indeed happened. Got some news the very next night (Im not yet attributing it to religion but its making me think differently)

Im going to have to ask again up above for clarification of what the news means

Nick
Old 12th April 2008, 08:15 AM   #9
Raymond

Thats great Nik1h. So long as you have committed your way to Him things will happen. If you said and meant that prayer as best as you can He (JC) would have come in and it will be coming more and more apparent to you. He is able you know. It's not religion its Him.

God bless

Raymond
Old 13th April 2008, 10:23 PM   #10
nik1h

He really really hasnt come through for me.

Another false dawn!

Wil try one more time
Old 14th April 2008, 01:09 PM   #11
Raymond

Nik1h if you have sincerely asked Him in He will be in you. Do you think you have just asked for God's help in desperation to get something out of Him? If you have, I don't think one can use God that way although I do know things happen sometimes in that scenario. If you have sincerely asked Christ in He will come in to you. Are you prepared to follow Him or do you just want His help without knowing Him or following Him? Do not always look for feelings to happen in you. I believe that if you give your life to Him He will save you, not only eternally but in your situation. He has His ways of making Himself known to you if you were sincere in that prayer do not fear. Him coming into your life is just the start of a journey.

Why not ask Him in for Himself because He is the truth and for who He is?

Raymond
Old 14th September 2008, 09:47 PM   #12
nik1h

Its now september. Its been a rollercoaster. Still separated.

Divorce still looming though on different terms (more favourable to me)

I still however, keep praying for my family to be reunited.

I think now a miracle is more the order of the day so any extra influence from here would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Nick
Old 15th September 2008, 05:35 PM   #13
Raymond

We will pray tonight for you Nik1h.

Raymond
Old 24th February 2009, 02:46 AM   #14
hotcoffee

We will pray for you.

God bless =)
Old 9th April 2009, 09:32 PM   #15
nik1h

Well I don't come here often now.

Im almost divorced. My wife is now planning to re-marry. Im pretty much ok with this now but wish it had worked out different. I would have given anything for a happy marriage.

Her new partner lives 1.5 hrs away and she wants to take our son to live there.

Im fighting this in court. Im a good dad. Im not committed to religion as it has let me down so much but if anyone wants to say a prayer on my behalf then I will gladly accept it.

Thanks

Nick