Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 25th January 2008, 05:51 PM   #1
slhicklin

Question What do do?

My boyfriend and I went out on our first date in 2004. I moved in summer 2006 and we became engaged in spring 2007. Our wedding is 5 months away and I just found out he was with other women in 04 and 05 from a girl who witnessed it all. (We weren't friends then but now are). I have moved into a temporary apartment for 1 month to figure things out. He has come clean, says it was when he was trying to make a decision if he wanted to be with me and he will never do it again. I don't know if I should take him back. He is getting therapy and says he has never been with anyone since he has been committed to me (after summer 05). I need advice on what to do.
slhicklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 03:19 AM   #2
Justabloke

Re: What do do?

if you cant trust him you never will and it will tear you apart in the long term.

if he was prepared to cheat on you he will again,

theres two types of ppl, faithful and cheaters,
sorry but hes a second class of bloke, too bloody late for him to decide he already cheated,

Bloke....
Old 21st May 2008, 10:10 PM   #3
Andaniel

Thankfully my girlfriend took me back after very simialr circumstances to yours. I have kept my committment with a single focus of fidelity. Something happened in my heart when my soon to be wife forgave me. My selfish desire for women melted when I seen what true love was.

There is always a danger that he will do it again, but there is always danger with every human being of disloyalty. However, there is no benefit of looking at the worst case scenario, look at what you could have.
Andaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 09:56 AM   #4
newlywed2008

Your boyfriend came clean, he told you the truth and that is wonderful. In so many of these posts one half of the couple has lied and denies what has happened. The fact that he has told you the truth speaks volums. Plus it was before you were properly committed to each other so I dont think you can totally hold it against him.
You say that he is getting therapy, I wonder what that is for? Is it due to this past misdemeanour becoming public knowledge and how to handle the situation or is it something else? If it is to help the two of you becauase he is committed to you and loves you then I think you are on to a winner and should forgive him.
Actually looking at the date of your post you are probably married by now. I hope you managed to sort everything out and that you are enjoying a wonderful marriage together.