Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 3rd May 2005, 10:40 AM   #1
Scottish Wedding Consultants

Wedding Planner in Scotland?

If you are looking for a Wedding Planner in Scotland with many years of dedicated experience to making weddings run perfectly, and an exceptional list of recommended suppliers then do visit the website or contact us for more information on how we can make your wedding day a dream come true!
Old 18th February 2010, 06:15 AM   #2
jerryvaz

Re: Wedding Planner in Scotland?

I really like the idea of a Scottish wedding, but I like to keep my options open. I would to know what other kind of weddings can be arranged. Can I know where in Scotland you are situated?
Thanks, cheers.
Old 3rd September 2010, 06:12 PM   #3
San Diego Wedding Planner

Cool! Thanks for the heads up. I am new in Scotland because my fiance lives here. We need a planner who would be able to assist us for the wedding next year.

Last edited by Dave; 3rd September 2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 16th September 2010, 09:38 AM   #4
chosen

This 'wedding planner' thing seems to be something that has come over from the USA. You can save a fortune by doing it yourself maybe with trusted family. MY son and his fiance are arranging it all themselves for next April (wth her parents a bit involved as she is their 4th child to marry)and are having 120 people and a sit down meal and a disco in the evening. They are enjoying it all very much. They even sat down this summer and made all the invitations themselves. Unless you have unlimited resources, do it yourselves is my advise, we have all been doing so for centuries.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 09:33 AM   #5
afraidcrrazy

Here are some tips for hiring a wedding coordinator:

Ask for references from other brides and grooms. Be sure to ask for references from weddings like yours in the budget. This is the best way to determine if a wedding planner is a good choice for you.
Ask your wedding planner to give you an overview of what he or she envisions for her wedding. A wedding planner will bring samples and prepared a written plan for the initial meeting.
Ask your wedding planner if your budget is realistic. Let him or her to say you have to make cuts or adjustments. A wedding planner to help find creative solutions to maximize your budget.
Ask your wedding planner or what are your terms of payment such as deposit and when your balance is due, and possible refund policy.
Ask the planner timeline for your big day. How long have to devote to food sampling, gathering or meeting invitations with suppliers? A good planner will give you a pretty good idea of ​​the amount of time required during the planning process.
Remember, your wedding day is the day out, day planner. Above all, make sure you are completely comfortable with the planner decides to hire. Even if you decide not to hire a planner, is a good idea to buy a guide to wedding planning. Many of them come in a folder format with the terms and tips for planning your wedding.

Last edited by Dave; 9th November 2011 at 09:57 AM.