Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Wedding & Engagement Help

Old 6th October 2017, 06:37 PM   #1
msjlhunter

Question Finally divorced ex husband but still not happy!

Hey all,

I posted on here a couple years when i was thinking about leaving my abusive ex husband... I did leave him after been married to him for 11 years, my decree absolute has just come through..

I have met someone else and have been with him just over a year! We moved into our own house a week ago for some reason i still don't feel happy.. My emotions are all over the place. i do want to be with my current partner but I'm not sure if i gave myself enough space when i left my ex to find myself and just be... me.

When i left my ex, i still continued to see him for about 6 months after once a week. I think this was out of pitty now thinking back.. The day i left him i met someone else and was seeing him for about 6 months until he told me he loved me then i broke it off with him.

When i met my current, i had only been totally away from my ex husband for maybe 6 months.... I did see numerous men after the split but i think this was just to help with my confidence..

Now i have moved in with my current partner properly I'm just not feeling and better.. I do love him and i know that he loves me.. i do want to be with him but i just cannot manage to 'get' happy!!

I keep wondering, is it just me?! Am i not meant to be happy... Or do i not think that i deserve him.. he knows all about my abusive ex husband and what went on throughout or marriage, he is really understanding and gives me space whenever i did it but i'm so confused and emotional all the time.. Can anyone shed any light as to why i feel this way?!

If anyone wants to know about my ex husband the thread is on here as i asked for
help and advice. 'Courage to leave my 11 year marriage'... That's what it was called!

Thanks in advance

Jenny
msjlhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 03:10 PM   #2
Raymond

Re: Finally divorced ex husband but still not happy!

Hi Jenny. sorry you are not happy even though you have found a nice person. I don't know why that should be but my guess is that maybe you are still suffering from the abuse you had in your marriage possibly?
Have you forgiven your ex? I say that because I recently counseled somebody who was a christian who had never forgiven her husband. She was able to verbalise it in front of us and did experience a release. This will be difficult to do if you are not a christian but Christ offers us total forgiveness when we repent and turn to Him as He has already paid the price for our sins. Having received that forgiveness we will be in a place to forgive others just as the Father has forgiven us through Christ's payment of our sin. Otherwise we could remain in our own prison of bitterness and unforgiveness if we do not hand those who have sinned against us over to the Father. Forgiveness doesn't necessarily restore relationship but it does free you as a person.

Another plus of asking Jesus into your life is that you will be coming into His everlasting kingdom of which He is Lord.

Last edited by Raymond; 10th October 2017 at 03:42 PM.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
divorce, house, marriage, moving on, new life