Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 21st April 2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Christian

Prayer Request for my Marriage

Hi everyone

Just joined after finding your site Its made me smile (and brought a tear too) Prayers requested for my marriage as my wife seeks her rekindled single girl life and love May truth love and wisdom to know these treasures be given to her and strength and love surround our daughter

Thank You
Old 21st April 2009, 01:06 PM   #2
Raymond

Re: Prayer Request for my Marriage

I don't quite understand Christian. Are you saying your wife wants to be single again or something else?

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 09:02 PM   #3
Christian

Hi Raymond

I take her to mean single again. Free to be open about new relationship(s). My wife goes out with friends who are either single or seperated/divorced, and has told me she wants to have fun, even though she has always enjoyed going out with her friends over almost 20 years of marriage.

Christian
Old 22nd April 2009, 08:37 AM   #4
Raymond

That is terrible Christian. It is one thing to go out with friends but to be open to new relationships in the wrong sense is very bad. Are you sure that she means that? Being open sexually I mean?

Raymond
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:19 AM   #5
Christian

Yes, I'm sure she means what she says, and that she is looking for sexual relationships. Obviously we have our history together, and I know she has had fun behind my back for a while now. I admire her for admitting the position to me, although I treasure my marriage vows and would like to work towards saving our marriage. I know I must acept my wifes free will, (a gift from our Father), although if our marriage can be saved I feel that devine intervention is needed. My gut instinct is that she has never loved me as a wife should love her husband. I'm hearing the "I love you but I'm not in love with you" line now.

I maintain hope

Christian
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Raymond

Is your wife a believer christian. Find it hard to believe that she is if she is acting like this.

Raymond
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:31 AM   #7
Christian

I thought she was. A recent quote she gave our daughter was not Christian, when discussing Easter my wife talked about Jesus raising from the dead as "allegedly"...

Christian
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:10 PM   #8
Raymond

That's not a good sign Christian. The ressurection is stacked with hope for the christian. Everything we have been given comes from there. To pass doubt on that belies that something is not right spiritually. To purposely seek adultery rather than having a slip sounds quite brazen to me.

The scripture says that if we are married to unbelievers and they want to go let them. We are not under bondage in such cases.

Are you looking after her financially or does she have her own means? Do you own the house jointly?

Raymond
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:33 PM   #9
Christian

We married in church, and I believed her to be a Christian. The pattern over the years seems to show that my wife will promote disharmany in our marriage, possibily as a rational for leaving her marriage vows. Although no clear discussion is permitted or understanding reached on why she promoted the disharmany, not to my understanding anyway, it is simply water under the bridge...

Can you tell me where in scripture it is said we should let unbelievers go please? I would love my wife to return to Christ, even if she chooses to live seperatly from me.

I support my wife and finance most of her hobbies as well as providing our home. Everything is in joint names as I believe we should share everything. Yes, I may be too soft or even daft to continue, but I want to work at our marriage and hope love will return.

Christian
Old 23rd April 2009, 06:55 PM   #10
Raymond

The scripture is 1 Cor 7:15 about letting the unbeliever depart.

My feeling is that you should put your foot down. You are supporting this lifestyle by paying for her. You have a bit of power. I would say use it. Because of how she is living you need to lay down the law here. You have a wife who is drifting and could end up in adultery. I think you have to do that and take the risk that she will leave. You are being too soft here I think. You need to call her to account.

As for her being saved. You cannot preach to her as a husband I believe. You can only pray and do the right thing with your life. At the moment she is not worthy of you and is walking all over you. I don't think you are honouring God be letting her do it. Where is your jealousy? You should have some. Even God is a jealous God over us.

Raymond
Old 25th April 2009, 12:18 PM   #11
Christian

Had a constructive discussion with my wife recently. She is a good woman and has spoken openly and honestly to me. I pray she will find peace and a way forward in her life that will make her happy and lead her to know Jesus as Lord. Her choice is to divorce. Obviously there are many issues for which both my wife and I must take responsibility, and I am now convinced I must accept our marriage is over. I will still pray for strength and guidance from Jesus in my life, (and maintain a small hope that maybe we can be reconcilled). I pray that I can work through my grief positivly and rightously.

Thanks for listening and for your response. They are appreciated. I find 2 in 2:1 an excellent site.

Christian
Old 25th April 2009, 07:11 PM   #12
Raymond

Thats sad news Christian. Will pray for you that you will know God's help in all this.

Raymond
Old 25th April 2009, 07:26 PM   #13
Christian

Thank You Raymond

Christian