Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 2nd October 2009, 04:26 AM   #1
Johnee S

My Day witha Holy man

Today is a milestone for me; here is the heart of the day.

His Holiness the Dalai Lama is the wisest of the wise; his heart is so pure I had tears in my eyes. When he spoke his compassion is with out words. He is humble and sincere,. I cried when he gave me some advice.

He simple said, “No matter how hard ife becomes or how dark you may feel always remember two things. Love unconditionally yourself and all of humanity. The second is to breathe. Breathe love into yourself when you breathe in; when you breathe out breathe out love unto the world.”

He put his warm, strong, yet gentle hands onto my heart and said, “YES, Just like that.” He smiled again a big smile and said “Thank you for being here with me today.” I replied, “Your Holiness it is my deepest honor to serve you.” and thanked him for his wisdom and heart felt words.

He hugged me then went on stage to greet his audience, his speech and his words to me made me weep. At lunch he said “You have great love in your heart, the world needs more men with such love to give.” I bowed deeply and said “I serve humanity.”

Other then those personal moments with him the remainder of the day was small talk of events through out the day with his advisors, RCMP officers, K-9 handlers, security officers, audio/video production staff, and event staff.

The experience was so deep and powerful for me, not a single word can describe my day with his Holiness. I wish you all could feel what I feel right now! It is moments like these that make you take a long hard look within and see who and what you truly are.

Since the day I found out my Wife was having an online and long distance affair, I died inside in every manner of the way a heart can die from ultimate betrayal. Honestly, I had not liked myself in a very long time. My life fell to pieces, I could not accept where my life ended up in the last couple years. I had been unhappy and dissatisfied and became extremely bitter to myself and to those I have loved and cared for.

Over the last few months and especially as of today, I now look upon myself with hope and inspiration. It is amazing how the words of one man can have such a significant impact on me on every level. I wish love upon the world and will try my best to be the inspiration he shared with me today. I commit myself to loving everyone with respect and dignity. Finally I can be at peace with myself.

The thing is this... I realized no matter what others can/could/have done it was within I needed to tap into; I'm not gonna lie. I went down hard, harder then I ever fell in my life. I spent months analyzing my life; where it went, why it wasn't what I worked so hard to get to, I blamed everyone that blocked my ways to my goals. All this time it was me, myself, and I. With my poor attitude on how I viewed myself. I defeated myself with my own thoughts. Anyone who has had a lovd one betray you, I beg you to look within yourself and pull out all your strength of love and peace! Will it into your heart to fight off the negativity that forms after betrayal. Dare yourself to choose to be above the hurt and pain. Process it and reinforce yourself with Love and Light! Peace be with you all and may God shine upon you!

Love is never wanting to lose faith, never wanting to give up, and never truly moving on. Love is knowing and praying in the deepest part of what's left of your heart that the other feels the same.
Johnee S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:18 PM   #2
JWD

Re: My Day witha Holy man

Fabulous post Johnee. Every word makes sense to me
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:52 PM   #3
georgie

Wow! Great to hear from you Johnee what an experience! The people that met each other on this site this year have all found things to love and appreciate in each other, that should tell us that we all have thingst to love in our selves. We all found each other when we needed to, now we just have to find ourselvesxxx
georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Johnee S

yes ladies it is time for all of us here each and everyone to give to ourselves and still love humanity even those who have caused us pain, they need it more then anyone else in our circles.

Love is never wanting to lose faith, never wanting to give up, and never truly moving on. Love is knowing and praying in the deepest part of what's left of your heart that the other feels the same.
Johnee S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:09 AM   #5
huting

Hey georgie, its a weird thing isn't it that saying 'find ourselves' as if we lost ourself one day. I believe to truly find yourself you just need to follow your heart and nothing else.
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:31 AM   #6
georgie

It is a weird saying Huting, but strangely true. Since my split this year I've really strugled to answer questions like "what do I want?", "what is my dream?", "what is my bliss?", "what makes me happy?". I'm starting to find the beginings of the answers and now realise that a truly good relationship does not eclipse these feelings in either person involved, I believe that in a good healthy relationship both people are fulfilled or at least on the path to fulfillment with the full support of their partner. I was lost in my relationship and had no direction or joy in life, I was just going through the motions, running around trying to please someone who had no interest in pleasing me. Now I'm taking tentative steps, I'm nervous on my own I feel exposed, but I feel its right for me now. One day I hope to be with someone that I love and respect and admire and cherish safe in the knowledge that they feel the same about me. I wont assume that they do though, I'll be more aware of their actions and what they are telling me.x
georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 01:06 PM   #7
Ageing Grace

This is a beautiful thread. Thanks, Johnee and everyone else

It's sad that we all need reminding of this but we do! As often as possible.

Quote:
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Marianne Williamson

Last edited by Ageing Grace; 5th October 2009 at 01:26 PM.
Ageing Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 01:29 PM   #8
ken94

Your quote is right AG.

But most of people forget their inner child and tend to be too serious too adult.
I was discussing that with my exW. And amazingly intimacy comes well if we are able to express our inner hild with our partner at the same time we can be very adult and have serious talks.

Ken
Old 1st November 2009, 01:16 AM   #9
JWD

hi johnee, I've lost all my emaial contact so I hope you et the message

I think you will love this site

www.healingsubstance.com

It has many fo the florece scovel shin books free but if you need more email me asnd I'll give you the rest. She is fab. x
Old 1st November 2009, 02:15 PM   #10
jellybean28

Hi Johnee

Thank you for sharing with us Johnee,

I have been been interested in the Dali Lama and his teachings for years.

I almost managed to see him about three years ago, but missed out on a ticket by about 5 minutes. The way you told your story gave me a sense of being there thank you.

Oh JWD I went to the site you told Johnee about, what a wonderful site thanks for sharing.

Blessings to all