Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 21st March 2005, 04:56 PM   #1
estherm

Help Please

Hi,

I really need some help and adivce, something has happened and my partner and I want to get married as soon as we can, but the thing is we don't know where to start. We want something very informal. Can anyone give me any pointers about how we can do this.

Thanks

Esther
Old 21st March 2005, 09:45 PM   #2
Dave
Administrator

Re: Help Please

Hi Estherm

Take a look at Kate's article The where and how of getting married - I think you'll find most of the practical bits covered there.

The simplest approach is a simple ceremony at a registry office with just two friends as witnesses. You can follow that with a simple get together for a few friends at your place, or a pub. It doesn't have to cost the earth.

Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2005, 04:44 PM   #3
ssarah30

I got married in a registry office the 2nd time around. And I loved it! I had all the big do on my first marriage and to be honest I didnt really know what I was doing, so when I finally met the love of my life we just had a couple of friends and our children there. It was great, all the kids clapped when the registrar said ' you may kiss the bride' and then we went to our friends house for a cup of tea!!! All this was sorted start to finish in 3 weeks.
Old 15th April 2005, 08:15 AM   #4
cardlynes

Smile Re: Help Please

We had a very simple registry office wedding for very close family which was planned very quickly, we also held a humanist ceremony afterwards where we invited all our freinds to, this meant wecould have our ceremony exactly as we wanted it. Our wedding reception was then had outdoors in our parents back garden which was the most perfect setting for the reception we could have imagined. We organised our wedding in less than 2 months including all the dresses, suits and flowers, look for very local suppliers to you in order to get a fast service. I set up my own wedding stationery business shortly before becoming a bride and handcrafted my own stationery, all the wording inside the invites was personalised to our wedding and matched our flowers and colour scheme perfectly. www.cardlynes.co.uk. It is daunting planning a wedding but i am glad we left ourselves less than 2 months to organise it as it was stressful enough in that short space of time, heaven knows what I would have been like if I had, had longer to plan and organise it.
Old 23rd March 2007, 04:20 AM   #5
tabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherm View Post
Hi,

I really need some help and adivce, something has happened and my partner and I want to get married as soon as we can, but the thing is we don't know where to start. We want something very informal. Can anyone give me any pointers about how we can do this.

Thanks

Esther
The first and most important thing is to choose your date and book this with your church and your reception venue. Everything else will follow from there

==========================

Last edited by Dave; 25th March 2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Removal of advertising
tabby is offline   Reply With Quote