Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 31st August 2008, 10:25 PM   #1
twiggy

Please give me your thoughts!

My wife left me just over three months ago, i don't know where she is but i think she's staying with a friend in Bristol which is about 100 miles from where i am, i'm living in the house and her parents only live up the road from me and have loads of room so why she isn't there i'm unsure.

Anyway my solicitor sent her a letter which asked if she would consider trying to work our marriage out and what she wanted to do regards the bills for the house and the car loan, she's still paying these, and it amount to about £700 a month.
The letter went to her parents address and was then sent to her, i got a copy on the 1st July so she would have got hers just after, in the letter it asked if she could reply in 14 days, this has still not happened so 2 weeks ago i decided to text her asking if she could, she said sorry that she hadn't done it and would get it done that week, still to this day my solicitor hasn't had a responce.
All this is now starting to put false hope in my head as i know if it was me wanting a divorce i'd have got on with it a.s.a.p. not only that if i'd got a letter from a solicitor i'd be on to it straight away as i'd be crapping myself.
I'm sure most of you will agree (well i hope you do) that if someone wants a divorce they just get on with it, sort out the bills, collect things from the house and get it sort so both of you can move on, she's not doing this and i'm starting to think is it what she really wants, i want to ask her but i guess i'm worried about the answer even though i've excepted what's happened, my only problem is i'm holding onto what's going on with some hope that maybe she's realise she's made a big mistake.

Your thoughts would be most welcome, thanks.
Old 1st September 2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Raymond

Re: Please give me your thoughts!

You may be clutching at straws here Twiggy. Not knowing the situation one cannot really comment. There is always the hope that you may be right, but who knows?

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 01:24 PM   #3
twiggy

I know, it just seems very strange to me, thing is do i question her about it or just leave it and carry on hoping which isn't helping me.
Old 1st September 2008, 05:50 PM   #4
Raymond

I would resist asking her Twiggy. You may be wrong. If there is anything she will tell you in good time. So long as you have been civil and left the door open that is.

Meanwhile I think you have to put it from your mind as best you can. You don't really want to end up grovelling. I don't think she would respect you for that.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote