Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 6th March 2016, 10:09 PM   #16
Lindentree1

Re: My next move? Help/Advice needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssudio_uk View Post
Well this escalated quickly!!
I apologize, sssudio UK.

We are supposed to be supporting you, not fighting amongst ourselves. Please continue telling your story and I promise I won't turn your topic into mine.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 10:03 AM   #17
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindentree1 View Post
Well, I'm glad your American friends like to be called racist and corrupt. I don't. I wonder if they truly know how you feel about the US. I'm certainly surprised and dismayed that these are the ideas about my country you have picked up from them. I'm going to throw in the towel on this conversation, however. You will never admit to saying offensive things. You will never admit to being wrong about anything. That is certainly your right.
they are not racist or corrupt, but they see a lot of it. One young man I know has a mum who recently married a really nice christian guy who is black. In Texas maybe you you can imagine how that went down. he hates that sort of attitude.

Last edited by chosen; 7th March 2016 at 10:18 AM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 10:15 AM   #18
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssudio_uk View Post
I think the police were harsh on me because the word 'domestic' had been used. I was told that anything that mentions that now is essentially a push for guilt. Sadly, it was a trial without any evidence, really; it had been assumed and taken as truth that I had done all these things. I was surprised also, just for emails. Not a threat in them, or even foul language, just asking for answers.

I have stepped away from it all, for now.
I honestly think that you will have to go the legal route and then pay the solicitors bill out of your share of the house proceeds. Bearing in mind her terrible behaviour so far, I cant see any other way for you to go than contacting her through a solicitor.
Ask the solicitor if you should put the house up for sale now, as you said you cant afford to stay there on your own for long anyway.

The other alternative is that you stay there for now, with your lodger, and wait for her to make the first move re a divorce.
Old 27th March 2016, 07:19 PM   #19
sssudio_uk

Sorry my quietness.

I recently made the error of seeing her social media page. Full of pictures of her new partner, and her, on holiday. It seems as though she isn't as broken as she has made out, eh. - classy stuff. I have been made out to be a wife beater, mental abuser, just the worst person, and she has made herself out to be the strong wife who HAD to leave...and it wasnt like that at all. She started an affair and wouldnt end it...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The house situation; I have the lodger here. It helps, well, it allows me to eat now, as I wasnt buying food, due to the money situ. It is uncomfortable and just not for me, but I have no choice thanks to to my ex wife's actions. I think its the fact I have to stay, whilst she started a new life/persona/etc and deleted me out of her life (I bought her custom made converse shoes for our wedding....she has now blacked out her second name on them...of course, all over social media...). I am unsure if I want to sell the house, because there is a lot to do on it before it could be sold and the cost of selling it would be too great, also, I doubt there would be much equity in selling it currently.

Can I legally send my ex a letter asking her to meet me and discuss this and sort it? Askingif you want it sold, you can help sort it? Would a solicitor send a letter asking this? Its beyond a joke, now.

Sorry....mid rant!!
sssudio_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 09:46 PM   #20
chosen

in view of what has happened you may need to do it legally.
Dont go onto her social media page.
Old 9th July 2016, 09:06 PM   #21
sssudio_uk

Unhappy Re: My next move? Help/Advice needed.

Hi.
Thought I better add an update.

So. I went to a solicitor, who sent my ex wife a letter stating what I wanted to happen,or options to move on this...(mediation, give me the house, pay your debts, you have the house and pay me my half). She EMAILED my solicitor stating she believed the debt wasn't hers, and she wanted a breakdown of everything, and estate agent valuations. Also stating she had left the area (which she hasn't) and that shewould go back to WOMENS AID for them to help her. I have no idea why she has gotten this organisation involved.

I provided her with this,down to the penny, in scans of bank statements, spreadsheets etc. He asked her for a solicitors address,she stated to him she hasnt got one, and doesnt intend to. - So, I HAD to get one to begin dialogue with her, as per the police say so, and hers, because of the lies she had told about me to the poilice yet....she doesnt have to. How is that even begin to be fair...or real...or acceptable?

I just asked my solicitor to just email her the documents. He told me legally, she doesnt have to do anything, because I am still paying for everything etc.

So, not much. She has the facts and figures and its gone silent. A few weeks now. ..:confuse d:
Old 9th July 2016, 11:25 PM   #22
chosen

are you still paying for any of her bills etc?

What does your solicitor say about the delay? have you begun divorce proceedings yet?
Old 11th July 2016, 06:54 PM   #23
sssudio_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
are you still paying for any of her bills etc?

What does your solicitor say about the delay? have you begun divorce proceedings yet?
Hi,

I am still paying for our joint creditcard bills and the mortgage. Its a big old house, so bills are expensive by their nature!

My solicitor its a slwoing tactic to essentially make me feel it, the burn of the situation. He cannot make her get a solicitor, but I had to. I just feel cheated that I have to, money I cannot afford, for a solicitor, yet, she doesnt have to, and can just email my solicitor. He advised me to allow her to email him, becuase it will save time and she doesnt have to actually get a solicitor.

No divorce proceedings just yet. I would rather get this all sorted before I even start all that.