Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Chapel > Christian Marriage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th December 2007, 06:49 PM   #16
1aokgal

Re: More Advice Needed Please! Greatly appreciated!

Faith1......

Do the words, "hit and run" mean anything to you? This man should NOT visit you by any far stretch of the imagination. He has no integrity. Your feelings hang out and you call when he did not show up and pursue. I hate to say this.... but you are being a fool. If he has a little time in between packing his bags he may run over there and give a hit. You are besotted with him. Why, why, why? He has no investment in you at all. He is invested elsewhere. When he comes over there he puts your reputation on the line. He would NOT do that to a Muslim woman to be there with no intent that he will ever be more to you but an interlude.

I cannot fathom you don't realize how you set yourself up to be laughed at when he and friends talk together..poor desperate girl..and he on his way to meet a good, pure Muslim woman to marry. Where do you fit in? Dear, you don't fit in at all. You are a moment in time. If you had anything to do with him he will pass you on the street without a nod.

Call him if you will.....tell him you put his videos in a sack on your porch for pick up. Then be gone when he gets them. OR...Drop them on his porch...NO, do NOT go in. He should NOT be in your place. I take it you live alone? Beware the appearance of evil , they say. When you invite a man (who is soon to marry SOMEONE ELSE) he is wrong to come there.You put yourself out there to be laughed at and gossip will follow you. Your reputation can ruin you. All you have is your good name and when you invite a man into your place it has the look of something goiing on.

I was divorced with a child. I never invited a man into my house as I had neighbors and my reputation to be concerned about. I did not say I never had sex but I sure would not be the subject of conversation and no one knew my business. If you see guys going in and out of a divorced woman's place......there does not have to be something going on. Everybody will be sure there is. That is why you protect your
turf. You open yourself to temptation to be alone with him as he thinks he is there for one reason. Watch videos? Listen, you would be all over that guy.

Don't see him. He is not yours. Don't do the "we will be friends" routine. You are not friends. A friend would not hurt you and open you up to gossip and ridicule as he has done. He would say...sorry, I am taken. He is taken by his custom to marry AND it is about money and children. His family gets the dowry and there will be children raised as Muslim as required in the Koran.
Where do you see yourself in that equation? Every time you pick up a phone to him you violate what is the norm in his culture. Do you think that a man respects a woman who pursues? NO. Even in OUR culture a woman is best to leave the incoming calls to the man.

You have too much time and think too little of yourself. Where does that "friendship" lead? It only leads to make you a joke. If you were a bug on his wall and listen to him talk about you and your pursuit you would be embarrassed. Please, rethink this whole thing and get yourself a hobby as take better care of yourself. If I were your mother I would give you a shake......and then a hug because you sure need it.

Worries about you like MOM
1aokgal

Last edited by 1aokgal; 11th December 2007 at 06:54 PM.