Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th June 2016, 11:42 PM   #1
trinity

Gentlemans club

Hi everyone

Is it acceptable for a husband to go to a club with a single friend, and have two lap dances. One of them was a naked dance, where she gyrated on his lap, but he claims that he didnt touch her!!
I have been asked for advice about this, and was told that I am harsh, and just see things in black and white, because I said its grounds for divorce.
Its a form of cheating in my opinion.

What do you think?
trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2016, 09:37 AM   #2
Raymond

Re: Gentlemans club

I would tend to agree with you Trinity. Who knows what it could lead to. I think that any husband who gets into that position will be affecting his relationship with his wife. Just because others do it doesn't make it right.

Whether it is grounds for divorce or not is up to you and also depending on his attitude now.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2016, 11:44 PM   #3
chosen

wow no its absolutely not right or acceptable. Yes its cheating and also very hurtful for the wife. The man man would be very aroused and then expect sex with his wife while he is thinking of the other woman, also not acceptable! There is NO WAY that I would accept my husband doing this, its so wrong.
I would say that marriage is in serious trouble. May I ask who asked you? Was it a man or a woman?

There is only black and white as far as this is concerned. As far as divorce goes, if he does it a lot and thinks its ok, and isnt prepared to stop, then yes I would say its grounds for divorce.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2016, 02:26 PM   #4
TJW

Count me as a "black and white", too. I think there is absolutely no room for this kind of behavior in a christian marriage.
Old 7th June 2016, 06:07 PM   #5
Raymond

Agreed but I am not sure if this is a christian marriage. The principle would be the same for any marriage though I would have thought. Any of this sort of behaviour with the opposite sex of a sexual nature would certainly tend to weaken a marriage. Illicit thoughts and actions can start with little things like this and move on to unfaithfulness and maybe into adultery. It can be deadly in the way it opens our thoughts up to dwell on and maybe lust after other women.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 11:24 PM   #6
trinity

Hi guys thanks for your responses. It was the wife who confided in me. It is a Christian wedding. I have the same opinion as all of you, but I cant tell her to divorce her husband. That is her decision. I have a feeling that she will eventually. She doesnt like him anymore and has lost respect for him. Its sad but I will be there as a shoulder to cry on. Thanks again.
trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 10:56 PM   #7
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity View Post
Hi guys thanks for your responses. It was the wife who confided in me. It is a Christian wedding. I have the same opinion as all of you, but I cant tell her to divorce her husband. That is her decision. I have a feeling that she will eventually. She doesnt like him anymore and has lost respect for him. Its sad but I will be there as a shoulder to cry on. Thanks again.
Thats so sad. Did you mean that they are both Christians? Its hard to know how a Christian can possibly think thats in anyway OK.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote