Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 13th March 2015, 08:30 PM   #1
sambrooklands

Religion

All

I hope you do not mind me posting this on here, however there is something I need to get off my chest as although we are and always will be strangers outside of this cyber world, I still feel it appropriate to make a confession as we all discuss our most personal and intimate details with each other.

I seem to gather that there is a religious basis to this forum, however I am not in any way religious, mainly due to an abusive Christian Brothers Education that turned me off it all a long time ago. I respect and appreciate faith is important to many of you and to that end I only felt it transparent to admit my own personal views to you all.

Thank you.
sambrooklands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 08:57 PM   #2
Lindentree1

Re: Religion

I think the most important thing we do here is support each other. I don't get the feeling religion is an absolute requirement on the site. You're a great person and you've helped people here.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 09:20 PM   #3
chosen

No its not a requirement, anyone can come for support and help.

I am sad that some so called 'Christians' put you off God, God is such a good and loving Dad, but sadly there are some evil people who use His name for evil purposes, and He HATES that with a passion and weeps with you for what you suffered.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 09:24 PM   #4
sambrooklands

Thanks guys - means a lot.

As with all of us, I have had quite a journey in life, and I hope relaying some of my experiences and demons can help others. I just cannot believe in any God, however I do respect and acknowledge those that do.
In saying that, although I cannot call myself a Christian, I do like to think I try my best to have a christian attitude to others.
sambrooklands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 10:09 PM   #5
defeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambrooklands View Post
All

I hope you do not mind me posting this on here, however there is something I need to get off my chest as although we are and always will be strangers outside of this cyber world, I still feel it appropriate to make a confession as we all discuss our most personal and intimate details with each other.

I seem to gather that there is a religious basis to this forum, however I am not in any way religious, mainly due to an abusive Christian Brothers Education that turned me off it all a long time ago. I respect and appreciate faith is important to many of you and to that end I only felt it transparent to admit my own personal views to you all.

Thank you.
I can see what you mean totally, having a not particularly religiously slanted upbringing, I also feel as though there is a slant towards religion being brought in to many of the exchanges.

This does not upset me, but I find it unusual when 'He' is brought in to a conversation.

I think you can be a good person without having to believe in what the Bible teaches, however I'm also a bit envious of people with faith. But I hope that me not having a faith will not mean my opinions are no longer valid.

I am a caring person no matter what my beliefs are, and I hope to gain help, as much as be of help too.
defeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 06:15 AM   #6
chosen

No all opinions are valid and important, but this is a site run by Christians and some of us here are Christians so it will come up. I tend to not mention God unless the one who has come here has also mentioned a faith such as ralf and lindentree. No one will push our faith on anyone, but sometimes it will come up.
In my life I have seen time and time again how following Gods ways has helped me and made me realise that actually He DOES know best, 'following the makers instructions' so to speak, is a wise move, but thats for all here to decide.
Old 15th March 2015, 07:52 PM   #7
ralfgarnett

My previous faith is seriously bein doubted now,
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 08:24 PM   #8
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
My previous faith is seriously bein doubted now,
Its when our faith is under pressure that we see if it stands or not. If we only believe when things go well how is that real faith?
I had many many years when I was in darkness, and all Jesus was, was a small flickering light, but He was there with me, and eventually He led me out of the dark place.
Old 15th March 2015, 08:52 PM   #9
Lindentree1

I'm sending you an e-hug, Ralf. Hope you feel a bit stronger soon.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote