Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 1st July 2015, 08:02 PM   #1546
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Norwich always wanted to visit Norwich., I used to travel to Peterborough on business and loved the flat countryside out there.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 10:28 PM   #1547
chosen

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
Norwich always wanted to visit Norwich., I used to travel to Peterborough on business and loved the flat countryside out there.
The north Norfolk coast is lovely. I had many happy holidays there as a child and try to get back there every few years. Also the Suffolk coast is nice. With a dog we always have holidays here now, cant be bothered with the airports and flights and delays etc. I have been to 10 different countries, but there are still many places here that I want to go to.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:01 AM   #1548
ralfgarnett

I honestly think god was watching over me last night, I wasn't looking forward to going to bed because of the heat and the apnics throughtout the day, but an hour or so before bedtime the skies opened and we had a storm that cleared the air, I put the fan on high and opened the window, just had a thin sheet over me and thank god I slept like a log just went straight out and didn't wake until 8 ish this morning, just what I needed because I was worrying about it, thank you god for the rain and the cooler air.
Old 2nd July 2015, 04:15 PM   #1549
ralfgarnett

Too hot and sultry up here now, it's gone dark really dark and it's lagging it down, good job I work from home as I have been forced to work in my undergarments, I wouldn't want to inflict that vision on anyone, I don't like this its the equivalent of the climate in Malta in September & October it's not good, you shower in the morning, walk to the end of the street and your drenched that's how it feels here today.

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 2nd July 2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:52 PM   #1550
chosen

Quote:
I honestly think god was watching over me last night, I wasn't looking forward to going to bed because of the heat and the apnics throughtout the day, but an hour or so before bedtime the skies opened and we had a storm that cleared the air, I put the fan on high and opened the window, just had a thin sheet over me and thank god I slept like a log just went straight out and didn't wake until 8 ish this morning, just what I needed because I was worrying about it, thank you god for the rain and the cooler air.
He is always watching over you.
Old 3rd July 2015, 06:01 PM   #1551
notDoneYet

Hey buddy. I really hope your silence is down to you GALing like crazy.
notDoneYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:13 PM   #1552
ralfgarnett

Will be in touch contact is in progress
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:25 PM   #1553
notDoneYet

With whom? The W? Play it cool dude.
notDoneYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:30 PM   #1554
Lindentree1

Tell us how it goes, Ralf. We're behind you.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:05 PM   #1555
chosen

I hope that she has agreed to meet with you finally. You deserve an explanation at the very least,and also you deserve to be told what her future plans are.
Old 4th July 2015, 11:22 AM   #1556
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDoneYet View Post
With whom? The W? Play it cool dude.
Yes had contact with my wife, we swapped a few nice e-mails yesterday, I repeated my request to meet up, I said she can name the place, time, and date and I will be there, still waiting for an answer I need to see her in order to gauge where she is at, she doesn't seem right to me I get the feeling something has happened or is currently happening in her life either emotionally or work wise, and I want to know where I stand I need to know if there is any hope for us either now or in due course, but I'm not asking that question in an e-mail I need to do that face to face and it's very frustrating.
Old 4th July 2015, 01:24 PM   #1557
chosen

She is using delaying tactics. How about you suggest a time and place? She can only say no.
Old 4th July 2015, 02:14 PM   #1558
Lindentree1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
She is using delaying tactics. How about you suggest a time and place? She can only say no.
Good idea.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 03:22 PM   #1559
ralfgarnett

I hear you both and in principle I like your idea, but I don't want to come on too strong and appear to be putting any pressure on her because I think like me at the moment she cant take too much pressure, but I will give it some thought because there could be mileage in it if done correctly, thinking about it she has all the power at the moment and that's not right.
Old 4th July 2015, 05:21 PM   #1560
chosen

Quote:
I hear you both and in principle I like your idea, but I don't want to come on too strong and appear to be putting any pressure on her because I think like me at the moment she cant take too much pressure, but I will give it some thought because there could be mileage in it if done correctly, thinking about it she has all the power at the moment and that's not right.
Well ralf she has had several days to think about it now, and after year you need to know where you are. Surely meeting for a coffee isnt going to cause any problems? All she will need to to do it to answer one question.