Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 26th March 2009, 07:57 PM   #1
JWD

Jahdog

Just saw your thread. All 3 of us in two days. I'm so sorry.
JWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 08:05 PM   #2
RayCub

Re: Jahdog

What am I missing here?
Old 26th March 2009, 08:13 PM   #3
JWD

Wife is serving him papers tonight. :-(

God I hate how this is happening to you all
Old 26th March 2009, 08:17 PM   #4
RayCub

And you too...

Life's a bowl of cherries, eh?
Old 26th March 2009, 08:23 PM   #5
JWD

spat out pips :-( lol
Old 26th March 2009, 10:17 PM   #6
jahdog

sad depressing day. avoiding lawyers do boy with papers. they are getting anxious. f-em. f-em all.
Old 26th March 2009, 10:22 PM   #7
JWD

Don't let them rush you JD. it's not a good day at all. Tomorrow is another one so deep breath. we're going to get through this. We really are. We just need to. Allow yourself as much time as you need and grieve however you feel you need to. We're going to be fine.

http://www.positive-way.com/rebuildi.htm
Old 26th March 2009, 10:27 PM   #8
jahdog

this is so f-ed up. who the f are these horrible monsters that we married? not even human. rolled over our whole life together in head for who knows how many times. can not get the beautiful images to go away. keep seeing the last day vividly. need mind eraser.

sorry this is what we all are facing. how long until this madness will end.
Old 26th March 2009, 10:38 PM   #9
jahdog

i should go ahead and meet to get served, sign, and get it over with. delay is self torture. this is much worse than anything ever dealt with. part of me is dying a long slow death. deeply sorry for us all. lif a b*tch.
Old 26th March 2009, 10:42 PM   #10
JWD

Wouldn't that be wonderful to erase our memories, like that film is it Kate winlet that was in it?

I think its part and parcel. I get an ache when I think of walking at the caravan, our holidays, the times he rushed home to get a hug just from me. His lovely texts to me. For now, just think of how she has made you feel. That's not real love, we've confused it. It's ok to feel what you're thinking, it's natural. We need to give ourselves a break and let ourselves feel all the pain, sorrow, bitterness and regret. then let it go. No time limit. It's the only thing we have control over how long we want and need to grieve for.

I think it will be a good year before we truly forgive and the pain isn't so raw. I doubt any of us will ever forget how we feel.

How about writing a letter but not posting it, burn it. You have to hand write it. I'm not ready to do it yet but will be soon
Old 26th March 2009, 10:45 PM   #11
JWD

Give yourself a couple of days if that is what you need. they can't expect it straight away. Don't rush or you will torture yourself that you were to quick. I'm lucky as here we do a separation agreement which stops money confusion and wills etc, then divorce after 2 years or 1 year if both agree. Some people never get the actual divorce
Old 26th March 2009, 10:45 PM   #12
JWD

I mean by that that it's not so rushed
Old 26th March 2009, 11:47 PM   #13
georgie

It's tough, but we're tougher. We'll get through. Jahdog - you love lyrics - I once saw a therapy where I woman was consumed with bitterness about an event in her life - she could not move on. She would tell the story of what happened, and look around for confirmation from everyone of how hard done by she was, so the therapist said to her ok now set your story to music - she started off singing it quite timidly, then was told to sing it in various styles making it as super dramatic as she possibly could. By the end of it she was actually laughing about it, she was somehow able to detach from the situation and see how crazy it was to let an event that has already happened, that she had now power to change prevent her from moving on. It's not what happens that get's us it's how we chose to handle it.

Actually, when I picture myself belting out my super tragic story, it does make me smile a little
georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 11:54 PM   #14
JWD

I keep laughing about it too, is that strange. Not nervous just wtf laugh.
Old 27th March 2009, 02:08 PM   #15
RayCub

Hey JD...where ARE you??? How are you holding up? What's going on with your "legal" situation?? Let us know you're okay...........