Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 5th May 2010, 04:27 AM   #1
j92cool

Red face Internet dating

Has anyone had any experience in regards to internet dating sites?

A friend and I have just joined an internet dating site RSVP. I have so far found the experience even though very new & exciting also totally weird. When you first log on you have to have photos approved which takes a couple of days. Before I had my photos approved I had been contacted by a gentleman who chatted away for ages. I found it strange that he was so keen without knowing what I looked like. I sent him the photo that was waiting for approval. Funny enough I did not hear back from him so I can only assume that I was not up to his high standard.

I didn't think I would take the rejection badly but I was hurt. Silly huh. I think I need to develope tougher skin for this dating game.

Has anyone had a positive experience and have you found it a fun experience?
j92cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 06:02 PM   #2
shellyagal

Re: Internet dating

I go to lot of internet dating sites and I enjoy them also. After all what are they made for. My last visit was to this web where you can send an anonymous crush to your heart throb using AAfter search box. They only disclose your identity if your crush feels the same way as you do. Here is what you need to write in the search box:
crush:your email: email of crush 1 : email of crush 2 : email of crush 3
then click web search button. Let the magic of love makes all of you happy.
Old 7th June 2010, 08:30 AM   #3
edhardy321

Before I had my photos approved I had been contacted by a gentleman who chatted away for ages. I found it strange that he was so keen without knowing what I looked like. I sent him the photo that was waiting for approval. Funny enough I did not hear back from him so I can only assume that I was not up to his high standard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Dave; 29th September 2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 7th June 2010, 08:13 PM   #4
RayCub

Yep, I've used them. Had both great and really bad experiences....you just have to be very careful and don't settle. And I've had my pic rejected too...I just chalk it up to them being incredibly stupid! lol
Old 22nd June 2010, 05:40 AM   #5
j92cool

Hi all

Update on internet dating experiences LOL. Well after experiencing a couple of well how best to say "Interesting People" I have met someome who appears to be a decent human being but only time will tell. I was quite nervous about the whole thing but as you say as long as you are careful it is fine. Yep having you photo rejected as I have done certainly thickens the skin.

Cheers

Janine
Old 6th July 2010, 04:25 AM   #6
chosen

I met my husband on a Christian dating site here in the uK 5 years ago. I had been on it for 2 years with many ups and downs, but he is well worth it. My son met his lovely fiance on a dating site also and I know several people who have met their partners this way.

If you like a person I woud say to meet up as soon as you can. I was in contact with three different men, and we seemed to really hit it off, but on meeting there was nothing there and no attraction or chemistry. My husband on the other hand was totally different. I mailed him on the Tuesday,we mailed lots and lots and he then rang on the Thursday and we met on the Saturday, and I knew by then that he was 'the one' We married 9 month later, a second marriage for both of us.

Last edited by chosen; 6th July 2010 at 04:31 AM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 04:35 AM   #7
j92cool

My decent human being turned out to be another loser. Ah well. I am still looking It is fun after all. Signed my divorce papers the other week now it will be about 3 months till official. Can't come soon enough for me. Want to slam the door shut tight and move on.

I have been thinking about my engagement and wedding rings sitting in a box and have decided to take them to a jewellers and have them melted and redesigned into a dress ring for the middle finger on my right hand. Seems approiate somehow.

Cheers

Janine

Tags
None