Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 15th July 2009, 01:47 PM   #1
georgie

Thank you

Lord,
I felt pain this year and thought there was no hope, but I've learned that each day starts with a new and unique dawn and is a gift.
Thank you for providing all I've needed to work through the pain so far
Thank you for all the lessons I'm learning as a result of this pain
Thank you for my two gorgeous children - the two most wonderful people in my world - Please guide me in being the best mother I can be for them

Thank you for sending me to this forum and the support I've received here
Thank you for my wonderful supportive friends and family
Thank you for providing me with all I need and more
Thank you for the wonderful free country I have the privilige of living in
Thank you for the wonderful surprises you send all the time
Thank you for the kind words from strangers
Thank you for the past
Thank you for the future
Thank you for the trust you have restored in me for the future and the confidence I will face it with every day
x
georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Raymond

Re: Thank you

Sounds very postive Georgie. Is that your own prayer?

I read this morning in Romans 14:7/8 For none of us who knows christ lives to himself (herself), and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord: and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore whether we live or die we are the Lords.

I find it a tremendous privelege that we have someone to live to, that He is even bothered about us let alone sending His son to share our flesh so that He might destroy him who holds the power of death - that is the devil and free those who all their lives were held in slavery through fear of death.

Not living to oneself but living to Him who is love will cover our whole lives and our whole eternity. He is not ashamed to own us because he redeemed us.

Raymond

Last edited by Raymond; 24th October 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 01:46 PM   #3
georgie

I'm learning. I'm reading a book about boundaries as defined by christian principles. I have not been so concious about life and ones purpose and the search for meaning for many years, too busy living a treadmill existance. I'm begining to understand myself and a little more about the people I've chosen to be in my life and why.I'm begining to realise I cant find my own way in this life, that we are not really supposed to. There are so many guiding principles and teachings there for us to draw upon, from scriptures, from our sense of spirituality, from our friends and loved ones. It's a comforting notion, to realise that one is never really alone no matter how it may seem at times. We are here to learn and grow, and sometimes that will involve growing pains.
georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 01:00 PM   #4
Raymond

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie View Post
I'm begining to understand myself and a little more about the people I've chosen to be in my life and why.I'm begining to realise I cant find my own way in this life, that we are not really supposed to.

You are in a good place if you have got this far Georgie. The good news is that the key is a person. The one who came to take our sins on himself. The one who can forgive and give us eternal life because he paid the price. He offers relationship through himself to God for all who come to him. If you can deal with him and ask him in to your life you will find that it is true and that he will honour any life opened up to him.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote