Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 27th June 2010, 07:30 PM   #1
max

Kicked for being too old. What is justice in my case?

Hi

I would like to know the other people opinion to understand if I want justice that I deserve.

we are married for 8 yrs and live together for over 10.

My wife is 8 yrs yonger. She is good looking and I am not.

We met when she had to work hard to feed her mother, younger sister and 3 yo son. She was so exhausted that could have hungry blackout at times.

I was kinda wealthy and known in the town.

She quickly made blazing career because she worked for my friend (this is how we met - at his office).

Next year my business went south over night and all I had was Mercedes and a flat. By some luck I got a job offer in England and we moved to the Manchester.

I had 30K salary and she spent 9 months looking for job. I sold my flat and that and my stable position became deposit for the house we bought.

Company I worked got bankrupt in a 1.5 yrs and I lost my job. She had small job in office (around 18K).

I pulled myself together and found better job and we moved to London.

She was looking for a job for another 6 months and found one small on high street in office again.

Later I moved to contracting and started to make lot more than I had on pemanent job.

She went to courses took few financial certification exams and started to look for a job in the City.

Soon she found a job and in 3 yrs became a star in a known bank. Although she didnt have million bonuses as the newspapers write but she quickly caught up with me.

We bought nice house and repaid quite a big share.

Then crisis happened.. Contractors was first to go.

She started to pay about 80% of bills, I lived on credit card.

Her job was giving her even better income despite the crisis.

Soon she told me she dont love me anymore and I have to go. I literally lost my mind and since then (1.5 yrs ago) I am living in hell.

My abitlity to regroup and achieve through my life was based only on precise mind control and now I lost it completely. My professional success was 100% linked to the brain function. Now I cant compete even with a child in brain power.

I now understand (recalling old days) that she was always ready to go only was looking for a good moment (she tried to split before, for example when I lost my first job in Manchester (always in a bad time!)).

I understand that I cant ask to love me because that would be ridiculous but that leaves me with question about money.

My question is - is it ethical to seek court resolution to get my cut from here future earnings?

My point is that she has the whole her life ahead and she just opened enormous opportunities and I with whom she started all of it will probably end up in a state care home in couple of years (my mental health deteorating quite quick and without much of hope to improve).

What do YOU guys think?

Thank you.

P.S. She has son as I said and he lives with us. We dont have children between us. We have good house in good location which I am not going to leave unless will be kicked by court order (it is very difficult to find such good house nova days and impossible for a man with my means).
max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 12:21 AM   #2
UpandDown

Re: Kicked for being too old. What is justice in my case?

Hi Max

Wow, you've gone through the mill a fair bit. My opinion is that if the law says you're entitled to some of her future earnings you should take it.

However, the main priority is your mental health. Don't give up on getting back the focus and drive you had before. Maybe living with her is keeping you stuck in your grief? The severe stress the breakup put you under has obviously affected you very badly. Have you been seen by a mental health professional?

Please don't assume it's all over for you. When you hit rock bottom there's two ways to go - straight up and sideways. You've been going along sideways for a while, now is the time to change something and get yourself on an upward trajectory. You can do it - you're clearly a very determined chap.

Do what you need to do to move on.

Love Kathryn
x
UpandDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 09:50 AM   #3
georgie

Max,
Yes I agree with Kathryn, go for your full entitlement under the law Max. Sadly, the law is often unfair, so get good sound advice before you embark on a legal challenge. For what its worth in my personal opinion you should be entitled to a share... she seemed to conveniently overlook the for better or worse vow, she ought to be reminded. That said, the law is a tricky beast, and justice is often not delivered.
I hope you are able to regroup and achieve your full potential again Max. Good luck. If you can, get some help to get back on track, do counselling - its amazing how much it can help if you find the right person. You dont have to resume your old life, maybe it is your opportunity to do something completely different, you may find yoursel more fulfilled then you have ever been. Always have hope in the future Max.
georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 11:46 PM   #4
max

thank you for the kind words guys. I am trying to stay afloat. if no double dip recession will happen I can survive another year or two. But I need an inspiration. i am love addict. also everything is cheaper when you buy in pairs. house holidays wine everything.

most of people dont believe in horoscopes but my life was always good mix of love money and power. I was taurus before I read my horoscope.

and I lost all 3 vital components in one year. what a joke.

Counselling - I thought about it but I am not sure how it works. In my life dog eats dog. cancelling doesn't exist. yeah I've just been eaten! hope I didnt give tummy cramps

Kathryn I wish you to change yor nickname to UpUpUp
Georgie I wish luck to you too!
max is offline   Reply With Quote