Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 7th June 2010, 06:40 PM   #16
TheSteve

Re: Hi Everyone

Thanks for the advice re the children Georgie. I can deal with cheats all day long but being separated from my girls isn’t a strong suit of mine even after all this time. I’m used to it but I’m still mad about it. I always tell them I love them and they know I get over to visit as much as I can afford to (about once every 3 weeks). They are in absolutely no doubt that their dad loves them.

It really does concern me that my ex has put in almost 7 years of leg work and still got nothing tangible to show for it. She’ll be desperate for the house to get her claws in properly. The next step is marriage and then she’s got him by the danglies. I suppose which way it goes will all come down to how selfish or dumb he is.

I don’t like him around my girls but I honestly think they’re better off if he’s genuine and sticks around so fingers crossed that he’s dumb.

Thanks again x

Last edited by TheSteve; 7th June 2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 7th June 2010, 07:55 PM   #17
RayCub

Hey Steve,

Thanks for posting. Nice to see that in another couple of years, things might seem "normal" for me again. I, like Georgie, am 16 months in and coping with the trials and tribulations of custody/visitation issues with our girls. I, too, have cut off all communication with my ex except for "kid-stuff", as I can't trust a word he says, and he consistently tries to push my buttons.

I wish my ex were as dedicated to seeing our girls as you are yours. He's supposed to have them every second weekend, but hasn't had them since April. He tells us he can't afford to have them due to all the child-support he dishes out to me.

I'm not going to b!tch though. I'm FINALLY seeing some light at the end of my tunnel and enjoying life, and I find it only serves to take me back a step when I waste energy on discussing his many faults and short-comings. He is who he is, and I'm so very thankful I'll never have to deal with him on a daily-basis ever again.

Looking forward to more of your posts.
Raycub
x
Old 8th June 2010, 12:20 AM   #18
TheSteve

He can’t afford to see his children because of the child support he’s dishing out! Utter rubbish - if you can find money for anything then you can find it for your children. He either wants to get out of paying it or he can’t be arsed to keep in touch with them or both. I’m sorry but that makes me angry. I hope for your children’s sake he gets his priorities straight sooner rather than later.

You will be fine RayCub, please trust me on that one. I can’t guarantee it but from what you’ve said I doubt if it’s going to take you 2 more years. You can’t let go completely because of the children but for you your ex will eventually turn out to be nothing more than an inconvenience and a minor one at that.

Don’t mean to be cheesy but you will find that the light at the end of the tunnel gets so bright that you will need to wear a serious pair of shades. x

Last edited by TheSteve; 8th June 2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old 8th June 2010, 03:01 AM   #19
RayCub

Serious shades, huh? Should start saving for an expensive pair that make me look really hot! LOL

I know I'll be fine...I'm already on my way, and quite enjoying this moment in time. He's already more of a nuisance than anything, a slight blip on my radar. Can't see him getting his priorities anywhere close to straight with his head planted so firmly up his ass, but stranger things have been known to happen...

Ciao for now,
Ray
xx