Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 19th May 2016, 01:30 PM   #1
Aceman1345

Wife says marriage was a farce

Hi I have recently split from my wife if I'm honest I knew it was coming, I'm an addicted gambler two years ago we split up but she took me back and things was good for 6 months when I was off it, I started gambling again and things went down hill I love her so much but I never treated her very well and she now says it's over for good and wants a divorce. I'm currently back at my classes again and I'm determined this time that it's gone for good. I have a really good well payed job but until now with the gambling I might aswell have been unemployed as I gambled everything I had and my wife got nothing.

I want her back and I want to build my life around her now and concentrate on getting the things that she always wanted ie a nice house that is ours and a nice car.

Have I any chance of getting her back or is it too late, she told me not to ring or txt or to call her cause she doesn't want me getting any ideas that there is a chance cause it's def over, she told me our hole marriage was a farce is she saying these things so il give her space or do she mean it where do I go now.
Aceman1345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 10:01 AM   #2
Raymond

Re: Wife says marriage was a farce

We can't make any predictions Aceman. Your gambling addiction has obviously caused this. How does she know you can now beat it after all this time? She may have heard that before. I dare say there is a chance if she sees you have changed but she would need long term proof to change her mind I would think.

Did any of your forbears have this addiction?
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 01:35 PM   #3
Aceman1345

Yes my dad was an addicted gambler he is now 23 years clear, I love my wife though never showed it. She has now blocked me on everything and says she hates me and doesn't want to see me again.

I just want to change my life then make her happy, I know I can as she is the best person I have ever met. We talked on Wednesday she says she feels free now and wishes she never got back with me the last time does she mean this stuff she is saying to me or have I just hurt her she doesn't want me hanging around
Aceman1345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:49 AM   #4
Raymond

It's the effect the gambling has had on your marriage and her.

By the sound of it the gambling spirit came down the generational line without getting too spiritual. I asked that question for a reason. God can free us from that with the right prayers. You will need to make right choices as well of course.

I read in Proverbs 21:5 this morning The plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty, but those of everyone who is hasty surely to poverty.

I would say that gambling is a hasty plan to get rich quick.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote