Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Chapel > Prayers needed

Old 9th May 2009, 04:49 PM   #31
Raymond

Re: Prayer request - job for husband

We will pray Brotan. When you say hormonal I assume you mean the time of the month? My wife used to get that until she had prayer for it. Although it is natural it needn't affect you as bad as it does. We will pray anyway whatever it is.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 06:35 PM   #32
Brotan

No this isn't natural... please keep praying. It is very very difficult right now. It is also becoming harder and harder to trust God or even feel that he is around despite knowing he is.
Old 12th May 2009, 08:24 AM   #33
Raymond

He is there Brotan. He always is. Sometimes we are under other things. We have an enemy as you know who likes to deceive so we have to make sure we are meditating on the things that are right and good.

My wife mentioned that He has given us a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. A verse in the psalms somewhere. You can use praise as a weapon in that sense.

When I first became a christian I had a kind of depression which was coming back from my old life. I had prayer in a kind of healing meeting and have never had it since so it must have been a spirit to just go like that. Other times its just battling through and learning to use the word of God. Whatever you do don't receive it as God's will because it isn't. I pray you find your answer.

Raymond
Old 12th May 2009, 08:33 AM   #34
Raymond

ps You might find it helpful listening to Joyce Meyer. She does podcasts online. You can listen and watch them. You might find it uplifting. Some women do. The site is www.joycemeyer.com

Raymond
Old 17th May 2009, 11:58 AM   #35
Brotan

Thanks, seem to be calmer now and I am feeling slightly better but I am still concerned. I've never tried using praise as a weapon against misery.
Old 17th May 2009, 05:13 PM   #36
Raymond

Glad you are feeling a bit better Brotan.

I feel you need to learn to praise God in other situations as well as at church Brotan. God has given you a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness and you need to use it when you are down and at other times. Through Christs death we are given beauty in exchange for ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. (see Isaiah 61:3 where the prophet is speaking prophetically of christ).

You are in a spiritual battle. Praise and thanksgiving at appropriate times will help you in this. You may not feel like it if you are down but it will put things in the right perspective and give God opportunity to lift you. Your enemy will hate it of course, but we serve God not him.

Raymond
Old 21st May 2009, 10:52 AM   #37
Brotan

Have been thinking a lot about praise these last few days and while I still struggle amidst all my constant requests of God, I definitely want to keep trying - God does deserve our praise all the time anyway.

This week has been much better and I have found a few things to help when times become hard again - please could you pray that I will be able to use these techniques successfully as they are not easy, but hopefully the results will be worth it.
Old 21st May 2009, 01:27 PM   #38
Raymond

Praise is a mysterious thing Brotan, as is prayer, but when we do it our relationship with God is more balanced I find. Praise confuses our enemy and is a sign of strength. Read the psalms to see this. Instead of going into a pit, praise exalts God and has the effect of lifting us out as well, if done sincerely of course. I'm not talking about magic formulas here but a right relationship with God.

Glad that you have found a few techniques to help. Will pray that you can utilise these to the full.

God bless

Raymond

God inhabits the praises of his people.

Tags
complicated, daughter, job, separated