View Single Post
Old 26th November 2014, 11:39 AM   #14
Raymond

Re: Anxiety in the marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLover2014 View Post
Raymond, that's a hard question. For me, I have a fear of sickness, germs. I worry about my hubby too. I like to think he's my rock but when he is anxious and weak it feels like I'm on my own. He has panic disorder. He's scared of fainting in public or taking an attack at restaurants / cinema etc.

He doesn't get to church much because of it. Probably for the last 2 years he's been off and on. Our pastor knows our situation. We told him about what id done and he's been great. He made me feel like I wasnt alone when I thought everyone would hate me.

We just have so many issues. Both personally and together.
Thank you for your reply Doglover. Your problems aren't particularly marriage problems but personal problems which you both have. Starting with yourself this fear of germs/sickness needs to be dealt with. It is alright to have a reasonable concern of germs but a wrong fear does not come from God so you can guess where it comes from. There will be a root of it somewhere, probably in your childhood. Prayer ministry would be a good idea and a good start to getting to the root of the problem as Chosen suggests. Not all churches are skilled at this but there are centres set up for that very purpose who help fill the gap which the churches aren't filling although they should be.

Any healing you have will always be centred on Christ so it is a good idea to cultivate a personal relationship with Him out of which will come any help you need, whether it is direct from Him or whether He will use others who understand that area. If you let us know which area you live in we can suggest a centre where you can get real help. It will be a battle but you will get healed if you persist.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote