View Single Post
Old 30th August 2001, 05:45 PM   #6
Unregistered

sex and christians

Responding to Raquel's question 20th March.

We all make mistakes in life Raquel. When we give our lives to Jesus. He forgives us and has died for our since past, present and future. As Paul said does this give us licence to sin or “continue in sin, Rom 6:1 that grace may abound? by no means” but neither does it mean that we will never fall again. We are exhorted to ‘confess our sins’ and that ‘if we confess our since, He is faithful and will cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. Not some but ALL. That includes you Raquel and your husband.

The devil is, as Gods word says, ‘The accuser of the brethren’ or Christians. He will whisper to you and your husband, ‘God won’t forgive you for this or that sin’

This confirms that you belong to Jesus or you would not be being accused. You are a child of God. As with your own girl, she is a ‘fact’ she can never turn around and say you are not my mother. In the same way you belong to Jesus and that is a fact no matter what you have or have not done in the past.

God is for you, for your husband, for your marriage. He loves you both; nothing however bad you have done or will ever do will make him love you less. Just take a moment to say, “thank you God, thank you Jesus that you love me ‘Raquel’ as much now as you have ever done, thank you that you are for us and if you are for me and ‘ ‘ (your husbands name) who can be against us.

Try to both move forward as though this event never took place, you have asked God to forgive you. So it’s been forgiven and God wants you to accept that it is forgiven. Yes you have made mistakes but so have all those you meet Sunday by Sunday in church. We and they may not have done this or that other particular sin or sins but God does not grade different sins. So you can in complete honesty, lift your heads high in the knowledge that you truly have been forgiven and are no different from all the others around you. They too have fallen short of the Glory of God.

No, I don’t for a moment think you should think about divorce. Think in terms of drawing a line under all that’s happened, knowing that God loves you both so much and wants you to forget the past Philippians 3:13 ‘one thing I do , forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus’.

The outward difficulties of imitating sex etc will get sorted out as you begin to relax in the knowledge that all is well, these aspects of your marriage will gradually begin to sort themselves out.