View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 06:44 PM   #311
magneto

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
However I believe that your wife doesn't want a divorce?

My husband believes that marriage is for life, and that is what he lives out.
He doesn't believe that you can end a marriage just because it hasn't worked out to be what you though it would be. He believes that you make the best of what you have, thank God for the many blessings and be content with your life as it is. That you treat each other with love and respect no matter what your feelings say. He believes in keeping promises made, and that it is far more important to do what God says than to do what we want.
Many Christians believe that if you end a marriage with no Biblical reason, that you cannot marry again because you are effectively still married in Gods eyes, and that if you do marry again you will be committing adultery.
I respect that your husband feels that away. I just don't agree. I just don't believe God wants anyone to live an unhappy and unfulfilled life. And from a bible standpoint they are correct about remarrying and it being considered adultery. However, i have never as a christian met a minister that would not remarry a person because they were divorced no matter what the reason. I know catholic priest that would have an issue though. So, again as christians we follow one part of the bible (can't divorce other than adultery), but not the other ( can't remarry because it would be adultery.)

Last edited by magneto; 23rd January 2014 at 07:33 PM.