View Single Post
Old 21st December 2011, 03:16 AM   #170
Forever

Re: Married and lonely

I seriously think that her reasons given in (#1 & #2) are straight up bovine skitology...designed to evoke irrational fears, rather than to address the fact that people manage to do it all around the world...even with neighbours and children in close proximity....they just have to wait till the kiddies are sleeping, and really, truth be told, the neighbours are not sitting in your living room are they?

Also, her distress about you reading that book and insisting that it is "perversion" is her way of making sure you do not delve further into the subject matter without feeling loads of guilt...because she does not want you to realize what you are missing, or God forbid, have any expectations of practicing some of those ideas in your own marital bed.

She is afraid...and will come up with anything she can to squelch lovemaking...because she thinks of it as sin outside of making babies. The whole thing is abhorrent to her.

As long as you appear to be satisfied living with the status quo, she will be satisfied not to have to accommodate your needs and desires, let alone exploring some of those wonderful things designed by God for her own pleasure too. The problem I see is her blind selfishness that has permeated areas of the entire relationship...starting with something so very basic and fundamental to a man's needs.

I am sure she does not mean to deprive you...but isn't that what you "signed up for" since she laid down the "law" from the very getgo? Trouble is people do change don't they? And you may well be changing because you feel the impact from the lack of physical intimacy over the years and the effects it is starting to have on you.

Sexually speaking, you are living under some strict Law (legalism) and maybe you are wondering what it is like to live under the joy of Grace?

Last edited by Forever; 21st December 2011 at 08:49 PM.
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote