View Single Post
Old 6th October 2013, 09:22 AM   #18
Raymond

Re: Marriage to a wife or Mother in law?

She is under control by her mother abc. This is a well known phenomenon. It would have started as a child and your wife doesn't probably realise it herself. It comes in very subtle ways a sample of which is "If you really loved me you would do this this and this". It is very hard for a child to resist that as they rely on love from a mother. When the child gets married the mother doesn't really let her go and the control continues. Are you allowed to paint the walls what colour you like or is it a matter of what does mother think? In lots of little ways mother will still be controlling. There are grown men who feel they have to ring their mother every night wherever they are in the world. It is very subtle.

The only way out of this is a real desire for independence from your wife which I don't think is there. Apart from that I would learn everything about it so that you can pray that her eyes are opened. Derek Prince has written some good stuff on this. Just google "control manipulation Derek Prince" and you will get a sample I am sure.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote