View Single Post
Old 27th December 2011, 11:14 AM   #227
Forever

Re: Do I have any hope?

Did your husband know you met up with this other person for a coffee? Was blocking him your idea, or did your husband have to insist on it?

Reason I ask is that while you may have felt vulnerable and/or threatened by what your husband did when he tried to meet up with that other woman in Scottland just prior to marriage...he may have felt that what you did was worse being you were already married to him by then.

We never seem to think of our own behavior as being quite as bad as the others do we?

So he wants out because he thinks that you will likely do this again in the future? He does not believe you would not have taken it to another level had you been more attracted to that guy?

Whew, if you had been married ten years or so and had more history and established a greater bond, then perhaps he would have been more attached and willing to fight for the marriage. Also, he was already doing his own share of flirting shortly before marriage which means he was not too certain if you were "the one" for him in the first place...but he went ahead with the wedding anyway.

You both blew it...but he has less tolerance than you do/did...and this is the result...plus all the fighting did not help him think that he did not make a terrible mistake on many levels.

It is almost 2:00 am now...I will be praying for an answer to see if I can offer something as a possible solution for the two of you in the morning.

Hugs
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote