Thread: Broke boyfriend
View Single Post
Old 9th April 2015, 05:41 AM   #22
1aokgal

Re: Broke boyfriend

I flew into Chicago for a weeks' biz event years ago, and we landed in a snowstorm. That crippling cold was unbearable! Large cities are not my taste anymore. I managed to survive two years I worked in NYC. That is too expensive to live , so we lived in Brooklyn, and commuted by subway. There is no way I would ever again live in a large city, or enjoy a city of hi-rise buildings, but it was great to visit the fine museums, Metropolitan Opera, and shop in some of the elegant stores at Xmas. This city has it all, on a smaller scale, and we are but 3.5 hours from Washington, DC, and 20 minutes to the greatest beaches.

It is ideal for us to have access to hiking, biking, and outdoor activities. NYC seemed like a giant anthill with too many people who try to find a blade of grass. I'd love to visit London again, but I think money saved will go to home projects. My husband travels with his job, so he is all travelled out. We make short day trips to the mountains or a day in Washington work as our vacation.

Lindentree, I hope things are better for you? It is always a good thing if a woman has an interest that is separate from the marriage as a hobby, or gym, or group of friends from similar interest. I paint and always have projects going on. I get so occupied, sometimes I forget he is away, as I am too busy to miss him that much.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 9th April 2015 at 05:51 AM.