Thread: Broke boyfriend
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2015, 06:21 AM   #16
1aokgal

Re: Broke boyfriend

My husband goes sometimes for a lunch or to meet a couple of guys he works with at coffee shop or they plan a dinner to catch up on latest company gossip. My husband tells me he is away from home enough when he works, so he is pretty much a homing pigeon. These guys spend months on a ship together, so most have little interest to hang out somewhere. A couple of his friends will stop by in summer and they visit on the deck outside while I may shop or do something upstairs. These are a pretty settled group, so they are pretty nice people. I agree that having friends is healthy and natural, so long as it is not in bars.

Women over 30 here, generally have pretty good jobs, not transient situations, so they will return to that career after maternity. The best situations seem if family can help with childcare. This is sometimes where a grandmother fills in until child is older for kindergarten. It was always difficult to leave my daughter and go to work in those early years. It wrenches the heart no matter how great is the childcare.

It really takes two incomes here as well, if a couple plan to buy a home by 30's. Home ownership is still possible, but there is that 30 year home mortgage to consider. That couple needs to have a committed income to make that possible. Most couples will go into a starter home and later move up to a larger home by building equity. The longer one rents a home, the less chance to buy and build equity. This is still a country of possibility, coupled with hard work, and sound financial planning.