View Single Post
Old 26th February 2012, 01:00 AM   #6
chosen

Re: bipolar, an affair and baby!

Yes I realise now that they werent married, but in a long term committed relationship.We dont know if the OW knew this or not I suppose, but by neither using protection for what has been described as a short relationship they must have known that pregnancy was a big possibility. A lady I know's husband had an affair and the OW deliberately got pregnant while telling him she was on the pill, so that he would stay with her. He is now with neither of them.

If they are from the UK, she would have been cared for by the NHS at no cost to her.

I dont agree that this isnt a threat to his wife and marriage, I see it as a massive threat.

However with the attitude of the OW and her family to him, he will only be able to see the child if he is prepared to pay loads of money out to solicitors and take it through the courts. That can take years and years, so it may well never happen anyway.

I believe that if she wants his money then she needs to let him see the child. I do not think he should have married the lady he was living with in the circumstances, and should, at the very least, have put the wedding off till the baby was born and he had decided what he was going to do.

We dont know if the OW knew he was in a serious relationship, but many people dont care about things like that. If she hadnt had sex with a man she had barely met, and on top of that not used contraception, she would not be in this position now She is equally responsible and isnt an innocent victim.

I can only see pain and heartache for this poor wife. She and the baby are the innocent ones here, but sadly thats what happens when you have sex outside marriage, and are unfaithful, things like this happen and people get hurt.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote