Thread: Baronness
View Single Post
Old 25th August 2011, 10:39 PM   #59
chosen

Baronness

baroness thats really good about the weight having been lifted. Thats real progress.

Men in general just arent romantic. Thats just the way it is, and in my experience men talk far far less than women, which is why we women need each other to communicate to.

My husband is a very clever man, and his mind is filled with papers that he writes and research that he does, and stastical analysis and numbers, and he isnt all that romantic and just doesnt think that way, but he is such a lovely guy and godly husband that I am not bothered. If I dont remind him that it is our anniversay or that it is someones birthday, he would never remember. its not deliberate its just the way he is. Most of the time he cant even remember how old he is. lol. Thats my job, I remember such things and tell him. He isnt a great talker either (and in my experience not many men do talk a lot) but he will listen to me talking. lol. We just need to love and accept our husbands as they are, and for the good that is in them.

Its a horrible thing for a person to know that they are a disappointment to their spouses, and that they can never be themselves, or be 'good' enough. Its soul destroying, and my husband knows all about that. I am SO glad that he is out of that marriage and situation, and so is he. He said it was like coming out of prison when they divorced. So sad.

God can use any situation to change us and reveal things to us, and He will always bring good out of a difficult situation.

You are also right about change. Change is part of life isnt it, and none of us are the same as we were a few years back. Relationships also change and marriages change. Our marriage of nearly 6 years has changed such a lot already(fortunately its just gets better and better), and nothing ever stays the same.It keeps us on our toes.

Last edited by chosen; 26th August 2011 at 09:18 AM.