View Single Post
Old 7th December 2019, 10:30 PM   #333
Cora

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

I think the running theme here is that far too many people rush to marry someone despite:

a) knowing deep down they aren't a good match, seeing red flags, and/or having other people point out they aren't a good match

b) agreeing to marry out of obligation, guilt, fear of being alone or simply because they were the least bad option at the time

c) only dating the person for 1-3 years (3 years is generally when the infatuation stage ends and you can judge objectively rather than with hormones)

d) having no real clue what they actually want/need in a partner

People seem to put more effort into buying a house than they do deciding who to spend the rest of their life with. Then they act surprised when it turns out they married the wrong person. And yes, I do very much believe there are right and wrong people to marry. Everyone has a mix of different traits that mesh well or less well with the mix of traits another person has. The key is finding someone who has the traits you want/need who is looking for your traits. Or you end up with a couple who are 'unevenly yoked'.
Cora is offline   Reply With Quote