Thread: Baronness
View Single Post
Old 25th August 2011, 06:15 PM   #57
chosen

Re: Husband doesn't want sex

Quote ...Instead of always praying that he will change and do what I want, I should be praying for my own attitude and stop complaining about every little thing and be happy with what I do have, which is a lot. I have my health, a good mind and a man who respects me and maybe can't help the way his body is. This is a very big enlightenment for me. Maybe that's what God was trying to show me all along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes you've got it. Briliant baroness.
I think that God showed you this a while back, but it takes time for these things to sink in doesnt it.
I think that recognising that we have issues as well, and things that need working on, helps us to accept others with their weakness and imperfections. Its easy to place all the blame on the other person, and thinking that we are 100% blameless in everything.

I noticed this with husbands former wife, that she told him for years that all their problems were caused by him. She told lots of other people all sorts of things and always blamed him. What she couldnt see(and maybe still cant) is that she is a very difficult person to live with, very hard to please, very high maintence and very controlling and bossy. This is just an example of where we can delude our selves to the fact that we all need to concentrate on ourlseves and OUR issues, and not try to force others to be as we want them to be. Unconditional acceptance and love is so important for all of us in marriage, and several people have said how much my husband has changed and opened up and come alive since the divorce and remarriage. Its sad really as he really is SO easy to please, and she just couldnt see that. Dont you make that same mistake.