View Single Post
Old 20th February 2016, 08:27 PM   #2124
chosen

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
Who really gives a flying f-ck about any aspect of it all ?, I am alone with practically no support, the more I think about it kills me and it invades my thoughts far too frequently especially early in the mornings, I lie in bed full of fear and anxiety having the most frightful thoughts and visions, the sooner it's all over the better, I truly, honestly, really don't want to be here any more, my heart has been hacked in half, my future plans lie in pieces, there is no more for me to suffer, I have hit rock bottom, the only option left to endure is my life short time is the thought of certain eternal death sooner rather than later, the long sleep, eternal rest, and no more mental torture to endure day after day, no more visions of my wife, our previous life, our wedding day, her lovely little hand in my bigger hand, and the list goes on and surs pour toujors, je suis touts finis pour mois ces.t soir at est pour tojours , bon nuit touts le mondes, je ne suis pas beacoup tres joli est mon finis est tres beinvenue.
Until you make that decision to let it go and move on, you will never get better. Many have been through the most appalling things, they have had to make that decision. Its been so long now why are you letting this ruin the rest of your life?

A young lady I know who was sexually abused by her father for about 13 years, said to me that her father had ruined her childhood, but she wasnt going to let what he did ruin the rest of her life. She made the decision or forgive him(for her own mental healths sake)went to uni, got a degree, has a job she likes, many friends, a nice boyfriend and a bright future. Was it easy? No she had to drag herself from the pit, carry on and do things with gritted teeth sometimes, get through many difficulties, and carry on regardless. You can do the same if you make that decision to stop wallowing in anger and bitterness, stop replaying things over and over and over again in your mind, and let the past go. Make the decision to forgive her(very important) and look ahead.
The decision is up to you. Your future is in your hands. One that is full of unhappiness, regret, anger and unforgiveness, or one that is free and good and positive?Why carry that heavy load when you can put it down and walk away?
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote