View Single Post
Old 20th February 2016, 01:13 PM   #2121
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I do understand, we are moving soon to a county further north and west, 2 hours drive away from here. There are many advantages, the houses are about 40% cheaper there, so we are buying a larger house for less money, but I have lived in Surrey all my life(different parts) and in this particular area for 32 years so its a massive change. We dont know a soul there and had never been there till recently, but have already found a large and lively looking baptist church on line which is near to where we will live, so we will go to that, and as well as being nervous at such a massive change, we are excited as well to explore a new area and have a new challenge. After all people do it all the time. My husband came from the other side of the world to live here when he was only 29. His older son moved to Oz 3 years ago age 30, and is now settled there and married to a lady he met there.

If its Malta you have family and friends there as well, which is a big advantage.

have you been able to accept the marriage is over now?
Mmmm Surrey very nice, no wonder property prices are through the roof no pun intended, I have cousins somewhere in deepest darkest Byfleet but haven't seen or heard from them for decades, in fact I cant even remember their names, my mum had all that sort of information but as she has been dead just over 10 years I wouldn't even know where to start looking for them if I ever felt the urge too that is, I have always been a Lancashire CCC fan, but have always had a soft spot for Surrey CCC for some reason, but I really don't like the Oval one bit, I much prefer Lords and of course the real and original Old Trafford that the red rabble up the road copied and knicked the name of because they couldn't be bothered thinking one up for themselves, horrible club always have been and that blue lot t'other side of the city aren't much better either.

Also "have you been able to accept the marriage is over now?"
most certainly not, I refuse to accept something so wrong, so unjust, so unnecessary, so badly handled, so unfair, and so ill-judged on every conceivable level, I doubt that I will ever accept such a lousy decision made as a knee jerk decision in a fight or flight panic moment by a semi deranged middle aged woman with obvious mental health issues such as depression, surpressed grief, and severe work related stress issues that we talked through so many times and I thought we had been able to put all that in to perspective, but obviously not, as all my words of advice and positive spin were wasted on a woman that seemingly was like talking to a brick wall, I did my best my very very best and it still didn't work, so all the time I was trying to help her I was obviously wasting my breath on a closed mind, but as her husband I would still be there to help her out and give her advice, the door will never be closed to her and she can talk to me about whatever she wants any time she wants, and she knows this I have made it very clear to her more than once.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote