View Single Post
Old 20th September 2013, 10:52 AM   #474
ronnoco

Re: Husband has left!

I wouldn't bother setting yourself targets like "I will not think of him and us and the divorce until 2 weeks time"....it's really hard to pull something like that off as it's natural to think about these things.

A better goal would simply be "I'm going to try to focus on myself for now" if you think about him, you and him, getting back - that's fine and it's perfectly natural. I think your problem is you're beating yourself up over the fact that you still want him back when on paper, you shouldn't - stop worrying jo! - you can't think whatever you like, especially if it makes you feel better! - take the pressure of yourself!

You can only go on what has happened, what choices someone has made and what actions have occurred, and, as it stands, your husband wants out. You can only accept that decision at this moment in time and start moving on with your life. Whatever happens, happens - you may get back together, I don't know, you don't know, he doesn't know....BUT, for now, you must focus primarily on yourself. learn to be independent, be comfortable within your own skin, don't rely on someone else to make you happy, be happy yourself and have someone else will simply add to your happiness.

Look at this as an opportunity at this moment in time to grow, do new things, get control of your life, just like Barry has. He's a lot stronger for it now.
ronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote