Thread: Help to heal
View Single Post
Old 14th August 2011, 07:03 PM   #3
chosen

Re: Help to heal

Nickey
I am so sorry for that you have been through.An affair is such a traumatic thing to cope with, the worst betrayal, and the money things as well must have been horrible.
All I can say is that my husband and I, and others here, have been through marriage break ups, cheating, betrayal, lying and decieving etc and have come through. It takes time and cant really be rushed, but my husband and I can honestly say that we have never been happier. Its now 12 years since my marriage ended and 10 years since the divorce, and for my husband it is 6 1/2 years since his divorce.There is life after divorce believe me.
You asked for prayers, so I dont know if that means that you are a Christian, but if not, God has been an amazing help and support to me over the years.

Also have you heard of the divorce recovery workshops? They are run all over the world and consist of a 6 week course for those who have been through divorce or marriage break up,
Many find them very helpful, and its also good to meet with others who are going through similar.
Their website is drw.org.uk if you are in the UK.You can see if there is one near you. I expect they will start in September.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote