View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:26 AM   #2135
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
They wouldnt section you for that. As LT says do you want to still be in the exact same place in another 18 months? If not then make a decision to do something different. You thrive by being with others, so do things that will mean you mix with others on a regular basis. I dont mean go to the pub more, alcohol wont help with all the medications you take.
Going to the pub is not top of my list for improving my life, I do meet the boys for a couple of beers 2 or 3 times a month but I have only drank real ale, bitter, mild, stout, or porter, but nothing strong like those horrible strong manufactured lagers, 20 years ago I could shift a few but my maximum these days is no more than 3 so it's not an issue for me, I have seen people go down that route and its not pretty to see someone become a drunken bar fly, but I am bigger, better, and prouder than that, I have this morning downloaded an A4 double sided list of things to do locally and will peruse those and enquire if I see somethings of interest.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote